1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RBoM SV Challenge @ VIR 8/2/15

Discussion in 'General' started by Russell Masecar, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And then we penalize good WERA customers who work on Saturdays (a lot of bike shop employees for example).

We do points for our races because we feel it's the best balance to take care of all of our customers. For special events we can do things differently of course but for normal events gridding by points is still the best setup for us and our riders.

2. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

F2 RULES! :Poke:

3. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

It's still SV only :)

4. Jongo

Jongo Well-Known Member

Not at Mid-OH.

5. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Which event? They did for the WERA one, I was the one running the computer. AMA rules go by order of entry for both days.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I have no clue where that is from nor do I have the grid sheets handy. I do know that I manually typed in every single rider for VMD and I did so using the order of entry - date and time stamps are on the file I get from the AMA - so the grids were in order of entry.

8. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

Email sent. We don't need to clog up this thread with that nonsense :)

9. swiest152

For you SS whiners... maybe we can talk Russell into 2 SV Challenge race classes.

But SBK is still the main event :)

Top 10 were all 650cc machines anyway, many on stock motors.

10. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Honestly I prefer the huge grids with it being a sbk race. I only noticed two bikes that had a huge exaggeration of hp that affected me. It was still a damn fun time.

11. raven21

raven21 Well-Known Member

And how many were on smaller than 180 rear tires. =)

12. swiest152

in top 10?

3rd(murray)and 6th (myself) were only ones not using 160/165. Winner (xaiver) on 160 pirelli. 2nd, Kcraget on 165 Dunlop and Parrish in 5th was on 165 Bstone

13. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

How do we generate a 'SV Challenge West' purse ?

Those selling SV race equipment 'out west' might be interested.
    Racers that couldn't make the trip to VIR, might also be interested.
    Additional purse money could be generated by an 'add on' (25?) entrance fee for the 'SV CHALLENGE' class.

The most central venue would be Miller, for racers west of the Missouri River.

Requiring pump gas might close up the field ... That comment should start some discussion ! :D

14. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Requiring pump gas wouldn't do shit to close up the field.

Besides, the race was run under WERA LWTSBK rules.

15. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Come up with your own West Coast SV Challenge, then have a showdown at the GNF.

16. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

Gotta brag on myself but I'm positive I was the only one on a "showroom" stock motor! Just a pipe bolted on. I understand the progress of the superstock class but I'd love a showroom show down sometime!

17. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

LIKE! That would separate the men from the boys.:clap::beer:

18. tlr74

tlr74 4seven4

That whole bike was built with shelf parts that were leftover from others we crashed. If I remember correctly, it's 150 eBay motor.

19. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

Bessie brought home 5th place in pride too! Never will forget the shop hours we pieced her together either! Bessie won a couple endurance races too!

20. swiest152

Tommy Wilson was on a stock high mileage motor Russell gave him after Tommy's took a poo in practice.