1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RBoM SV Challenge @ VIR 8/2/15

Discussion in 'General' started by Russell Masecar, Jul 1, 2015.

1. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

and no upper fairings:beer:

2. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Now you're just making it complicated. And you don't need qualifying. C'mon man! :D

3. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

Nah, wouldn't be to complicated. Other than wheels, frame, tank, cams and power commander, all else isnt go fast stuff...

4. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

I'll make it easier and loan you a sbk motor for next year. :D

5. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

Now he's happy with the rules

6. ghetto customs

That means I'll have to get my hands dirty and shit! :Poke:

7. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I'm with Chris. SS rules would be cool.

8. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

You'd be eliminating a lot of guys. Not going to happen.

9. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

SS rules limit the amount of racers. Many don't have SS bikes and CCS SS bikes wouldn't be legal.

10. ghetto customs

Got a year!
    Yaw wanted a suggestion to make it more interesting! Besides, Kcraget is beatable on a stock bike... other than the parts I listed, everything could be made of carbon fiber or titanium. Hell the engine internals could be the lightest you can afford as long as no adjustable cams.

11. simonburic

simonburic Runs Wide

Leave it the way it is, it worked very well.

I'd like to see all Double Headers changed so that your Sunday grid position reflects your Saturday race results.

12. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Boom.......:up:

I'll go further:

On the regional race weekends with Vintage,
    Get rid of the solos. On Saturday, have points paying LWTSBK, C SBK, and A SBK races. Make them $100 races and the results determine the grid for Sunday LWTSBK, C SBK, and A SBK races (also $100). $20 from each entry (Sat and Sun) goes into the pot to be paid out according to Sunday race results.

Also, that should leave some more track time to move some sprints races from Sunday to Saturday (maybe the E or F races that double up with the LW races).

13. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Yes. Split E out of races involving SVs.

14. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I agree sb rules to allow more entries. Chris does need a more competitive bike for next year though. I didn't even think about it but you could've borrowed mine Chris. It wnot be going anywhere anytime soon so it's all yours to race in this event next year. It's a roughly 82 hp 1st gen SV677. Now wish I would've thought about letting you borrow it this year.

15. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

78!!! :D I'm coming next year and will be brining a 90+ and gonna get Ricks to ride another one I may be picking up that'll make it more interesting in the front also. I didn't go this year but I would say the only thing that I might change is, for this event anyways, would be to use lap times as Chris said. That way you put the front runners in the front and don't have an issue like BK had.

16. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

No. The Saturday heat race format works. It allows guest racers from other orgs a chance to get a good starting position for the Sunday money race. It also makes the Saturday race a necessity for the RBOM challenge competitors and provides more revenue for WERA. BK should have been a bit more patient making his way though the field. A starting position in the 1st two rows would have been good enough for Sunday.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They do - the points get calculated Saturday night at every DH and the Sunday grids reflect those points.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

A starting position on the back row was good enough for Sunday too....

19. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Brian would disagree :D

20. simonburic

simonburic Runs Wide

I understand that but that's not what I meant.

What I was meaning was that I liked how the RBOM qualifying and gridding was done. I felt it added excitement to the race.

Grid by points on Saturday. If you race on Saturday then that finishing position is your Sunday grid position, do this for all DH weekends.