1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ralph, Freddie and WSBK....

Discussion in 'General' started by eggfooyoung, Jun 1, 2008.

1. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

It will be easier next year... the bikes will be slower!:crackup:

2. lightningforce9

lightningforce9 RIP GaWarrior

Nominate me as a candidate. i'll add some enthisasm and butcher peoples names for the sanctity of humor not out of ignorance. and i'm not technically stupid like freddie is.

3. Heh funny you mention this, my son and wife always comment to me that dumb and dumber are always saying the same stuff after I do, or they are arguing along with me wondering wtf are they talking about. Same thing for other sports we regularly watch. Maybe this is my calling. Is it hard to do...no it's not...but you do have to watch the frickin races and pay attention. You also need to show some emotion, speak proper english, and also practice saying peoples names that you normally don't.

4. mb4lunch

mb4lunch Expert#40 SouthEast

You got that right! It was good to hear the moto-GP race at 10!

5. mb4lunch

mb4lunch Expert#40 SouthEast

Wayne's World was MUCH better! Party Time! Excellent!:rock:

6. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Oh you liked those guys more? :Puke:

The track announcers just made me want to puke....and then the track turning up the volume more on Sunday just pissed me off. I wanted to hear the bikes...not some moron trying to call bikes cars and riders drivers.

7. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

+1 there...and I noticed at least one of your guys doing a good job out there in the SBK race.

8. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Actually I never spectated there and there is actually a lot more track elevation changes than I thought there would be.

9. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

275 foot sounds a lot.when I rode there I thought track was flat as glass,other than those attitude corners :)

10. leviathan

leviathan Well-Known Member

Yea... I was going to say the same thing. It was absolutely embarrassing to hear the 'live at the track' announcers. It was incredible.:down:

Nice meeting ya Chip.

11. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Yeah, `cause he don't know shit about `em, right Jay? :rolleyes:

12. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Uh, there've been quite a few more races there. They do run those four-wheel racers ya know... :rolleyes:

13. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

i said the exact same thing when they said that stat...

14. djm

djm Well-Known Member

15. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

275 feet of total elevation change counts in both directions. So, as an example, when you climb 25 feet and drop 25 feet that's 50 feet of elevation change. I've been to Miller (going back this weekend as a matter of fact :D) and I believe that there may well be 275 feet of elevation change in a single lap. :up:

16. Doc Brock

Doc Brock Well-Known Member

Can it really be that hard to find a better crew to announce these races? When Freddy was sick, I thought the replacements that were tossed in did a pretty good job.

17. bcc

bcc painter /fabricator

i never do it ,but i sent a feedback thing to Speed .It was that bad.

18. Not. Neukirchner.

Neu means "new" in German, but it's pronounced "Noy." The German "i" sounds like an English "e", not "u". German "ch" isn't pronounced like "church," is pronounced closer to "sh" like "Charlotte." (Charlotte is a German name).

Pronunciation would be along the lines of : Noy-kirsh-ner

19. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

S&S, IMO it would be more like noy-keeʀsh-ner, with a slightly guttural r. Think you got it right but missed the 2nd i unless I'm overlooking something. What say?

20. I believe I mentioned that "i" sounds like "e."
    You wouldn't put a gutteral accent on the "r" in "kirch."