1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R1/R1M recall?

Discussion in 'General' started by stk0308, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You get $140 per hour for bikes?

2. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Damn!!

$140 per hour and I'd be rich!!

Holy shit inguess maybe California/new York and other big areas that's the norm.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Only time I've seen that kind of rate is an RV place - and even then not that much.

4. In LA the only places I know getting $140 an hour are Beverly Hills Ducati and the next closest is $125 at new century BMW.

Most of the stuff is between $80-$110 out here.

5. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

There's been a couple race bikes that have experienced it. Kudos to Yamaha for catching it and addressing the issue properly.

6. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

+1
    It's not the end of the world. I can't imagine selling my bike because of it as some have mentioned.

7. throwdown

throwdown Well-Known Member

No, sorry I didn't specify, for cars, I was just saying that depending on state laws the manufacturer has to pay you whatever you charge for customer pay. Meaning our customer pay rate is 140, and so warranty pays us 140 per hour as well

8. Auron

Auron Well-Known Member

Oh I didn't know that, that's what I get for hanging out on the R1 forum.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Cool, didn't mean to ignore the state law part just the 140 surprised me :D

10. throwdown

throwdown Well-Known Member

Yeah that would be a lot for a bike, but probably not too far out of the question for a large ritzy area, the local ducati dealer is close to 100 per hour, so I could easily see a dealer in south Florida or California getting north of 120/hour

11. lightning97

lightning97 Well-Known Member

Had 2. First at Miller, replaced engine and had 2nd at last race of GNF. Believe it is more associated with downshift causing fracture and then coming apart later. That appears to be our failure mode. Yamaha is standing behind the repairs.
    Tim

12. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

No, no, no... it's a death trap!

I'll give you tree-fiddy for it.

13. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Friend of mine had to do some rebuilding on his 2 year old ZX10. He was quite happy to find they were still using cassette transmissions.

14. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

That's because the Kawi trans are utter shit. Difference is Kawi won't do anything about it and it only really happens in race trim. As opposed to Yammy who is doing the right thing.

15. triplestrong

triplestrong Well-Known Member

Interesting. Care to elaborate? Kawi has (arguably) the smoothest trans out there from my personal experience (on and off track) of 22 years, or so. And btw, I'm a Yamaha fan. A heavy footed/light footed rider can destroy the best trans out there...all the time. Just curious of your findings.

16. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Kawi transmissions have been pretty poor in my experience. They work beautifully, but durability is not their strong suit.

17. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Has anyone had this service performed yet or is Yamaha still ironing out the logistics of it? Have they decided to drop the motor and split the cases of the customer's engine or just swap the whole motor out?

18. triplestrong

triplestrong Well-Known Member

Parts only. No motor swaps they'll speak of.

19. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

The dealership will do the work. My kit is in, but I haven't had time to go pick it up yet. I'll post up what's included when I get it.

20. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Linkee no workee. Video was taken down.