1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R1/R1M recall?

Discussion in 'General' started by stk0308, Nov 25, 2015.

1. throwdown

throwdown Well-Known Member

I agree

2. triplestrong

triplestrong Well-Known Member

Yamaha will pay any (and every) dealer whatever their posted labor rate is for every warranty job. Yamaha Motor Corp will NOT pay some dude that acquired a recall kit a dime. Dealers...be careful what you do and say (customers as well). This thread is turning into the R1-forum "non-sense" thread. If your dealer is willing to "work with you", it would be best you keep that to yourself.

3. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

And its now gone, he traded it for an Aprilla RSV 4

4. BigBird

BigBird blah

Pretty awesome. Wish I could just trade in my van because it has a recall and get a new BMW instead.

5. Shenanigans

Me too.

6. Shenanigans

He has already had a BMW, 1098, mv agusta f4rr.

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

I like his style though....what depreciation :D

Shenanigans likes this.
  8. 12v_dub

12v_dub Well-Known Member

Here's the video of the tranny/engine repair. I wonder how many new engines Yamaha will have to deliver after something goes boom during this change of gears.

9. cartmen34

cartmen34 Well-Known Member

It's like watching a video of a major surgery you're about to go in for. Not comforting at all.

Also after seeing that I'm amazed these things stay together while spinning at 12k+ rpm. Nevermind lasting an entire season of racing. Amazingly complex machines!

10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

7 minutes? Hell, I can do that for all you guys. One meeellion dollars!

11. 12v_dub

12v_dub Well-Known Member

these are from another forum of R1's tranny recall. Pretty much whole bike and motor is taken apart

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

That dudes workbench gives me fucking anxiety!!

I wonder how many parts in his career he's had to replace due to his carelessness?

And I'm throwing the BS flag high on the dude saying Yamaha dealer will let him fix his own trans and pay him.

Ain't no fucking way.

And Yamaha warranty will only allow factory authorized Yamaha dealers to do the repairs. That means no indepebdent shops or performance shops would be able to even though they are more than capable.

TLR67 and roy826ex like this.
  13. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Impressive technology the r1 has but im glad i went with another 600 rather than deal with getting an r1

14. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's a lie. I made that up because who knows why.

If I'm going to make up a story it's going to be a better one than that.

15. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Let me guess, you bought a Honda. :D

16. BigBird

BigBird blah

On the R1, is this the going to be the same process someone would have to go through if they wanted to change the gears like some racers do? because it seems overly extensive/intrusive for a roadrace bike.

17. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Can't change gears anywhere but MotoGP as far as I know. I could be mistaken.

It's pretty standard to have to split cases to change transmission parts. Kawi started using a cassette trans in 07, so you could change gears in about as much time as it took to change a clutch. Not sure if they still do that.

18. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

Anyone here have experience with FW Speer Yamaha in Passaic, NJ? They're the closest dealer that has gold-star techs and all of the dealers around me couldn't change oil without messing something up.

19. BigBird

BigBird blah

my only truish racebike was a '08 ZX6R and that had a cassette. Didn't realize that wasn't the norm

20. Auron

Auron Well-Known Member

Would be nice to hear of at least one failure before letting some dude tear your bike to pieces on a Friday afternoon or Monday morning.