1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Psalm 46: Jesus of Tavullia Reborn

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

McGrath was able to do that in S/X. Took him years (and training) to make it to the top of M/X. M/X was ruled by training fanatics like Ward and Stanton.

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

Rossi was very close to winning.........a 2 lap race :)

Killswitch and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Mini-sprint?

BigBird likes this.
  4. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

His move into T1 was pretty nice. Reminds me of race starts at BIR. Stay in it and go around the outside of 10 guys.

BigBird likes this.
  5. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Yes. They should have moved him to tech 3 or retired him and retained Lorenzo. Instead, marketing wanted the cash flow and now they have retained a rider that is going on almost 3 season without a win. MV and FB are the only hopes Yamaha has. One hasn't figured out race starts and the other is still a rookie who can't figure out Marquez. 20/20 vision is excellent.

SGVRider likes this.
  6. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

They should have retained Lorenzo, right. Can you remind me where the rider they should have retained finished last weekend?

Just trying to follow your logic here....

7. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Last weekend doesn't matter nearly as much as where he finished after Ducati told him to pound sand. You know as well as anyone, he figured the Duc out, and was winning and finishing well, until he got busted up. Ducati fucked up by letting him walk.

8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

How so?

Nearly every Ducati that finished a race this season finished in front of George.

9. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Never mind. I need to either concentrate on posting here, or what's going on in real life.

10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Like getting me my damn invite to the drunkening! :D

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If he doesn't go to Honda, it's possible he doesn't get busted on an unfamiliar bike in winter testing. So he probably ends up doing better in 2019. Much better.

12. BigBird

BigBird blah

As Casey went away from being a test rider, Ducati got away from contending.

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If it's true that they weren't using his input, what difference did his leaving make?

14. Chango

Chango Something clever!

All the difference in the world if you insist on seeing it in one very particular way.

15. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Your logic says Lorenzo would be finishing last on the Yamaha? That's cute. Can you remind me who was the last rider to bring the championship to Yamaha?

16. The Great One

That's a whole lot of speculation based on an "if". You know that doesn't fly in this world....

17. The Great One

My logic isn't saying anything, I'm just pointing out facts versus your speculation.

Fact - JLo finished dead last this past weekend.

You said Yamaha should've dumped Rossi after 2016 "If Yamaha cared more about on track results" when the fact is Rossi was the top Yamaha that year.

You can speculate on where on where JLo would/could/should be if he stayed on Yamaha, but it doesn't matter.

Another fun fact; JLo's teammate scored more points in Philip Island than JLo has scored all year.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You've got to be kidding me! It starts from you saying they should have retained Lorenzo, followed by an implication that his results wouldn't have been any better based on where he finished last weekend on a Honda. You sure you want to talk to me about speculation? :crackup:

19. G 97

G 97 Garth

Looking back JLo would have been better served staying on with Yami. But he didn’t.
    Looking back 2.0 JLo would have been better served staying with Ducati. But he didn’t.
    Looking back 3.0 he apparently has his work cut out for him staying on the honder.

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm not necessarily convinced. A fresh start from where he was in his last year with Yamaha wasn't a bad idea.

The problem is that things were not handled well at Ducati and they wasted a year and a half. I think they could have cut that short to "just" one year of struggling. And then just when things got right, they split up due to poor relationship management.

One bad year to get away from Rossi while making a shit-ton of money would have been worth it. :D

G 97 likes this.