1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Protest

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by Mongo, Jul 19, 2006.

1. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

DUDE............ Is a cup holder illegal, cause it was hotter than a muuuuu focker at Grattan. My butt was thirsty riding around in circles all day long. You disqualify me for the whole race or a lap for each drink I take??

2. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

its not for most.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Come on out to CMP this weekend and I'll show you hotter than a mofo....

4. ghetto customs

Roger that, I'll see ya Sat. morning

5. melissa

melissa Sir

You're racing in the Lightweight Supercup series, where virtually any cup holders and modifications to said cup holders are legal. I'm still not sure about the Motox injections, though. I might protest those. :p

6. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

This statement immediately cancels out anything that follows.
    Thanks for playing.:up:

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okay the thought of him injecting anything into a bike gives me the heebie jeebies.

8. melissa

melissa Sir

Although it kind of reminds me of the gift I left for Tray in Fontana...

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think I'll wait until I'm very drunk to ask for details.

10. vcr12 pit crew

vcr12 pit crew Well-Known Member

If you have NO HANDS -ON experence they why even put your 2 cents in? and the Quote..."I am pretty sure that they need functioning brakes in an endurance race" Explain this to me, then why did all of the other Super Stock teams finish the race safely without a breaking issue? Rules are rules and this was not a safety issue, and WERA will enforce whatever penality they feel needed, we all may not agree but that's life.

Now onto the "Vesrah Racing Series", You don't even have the first clue as to how much that team has busted there ass to get to where ther are now. They are good and they do win but they don't CHEAT. and they have been pentalized in the past ( Summit point 2 years ago, they refueled with out a fire extinguisher...Sean correct me if i'm whong) and they don't get any special treatement, They were pentalized accordinly just like any other team. Ther is no favortism, if there were then vesrah wouldn't have lost the championship last year. You are just one of those jealous people who has the attitude"If i can't have it, no one can". Get your story straight befor you start rambling on about someting that you have no knoledge or idea about.

11. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Ok, is Stickboy with VCR now? :D

12. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

:stupid:
    I'm conflicted on this one Essay. :D

13. R6CHIC

R6CHIC no member

I don't think one has to have hands-on experience to understand how a motor functions. (I made it through 5 years of mechanical engineering college without so much as taking a stapler apart, but I can grasp theory and concept.) Experience or not, don't I have a right to an opinion? I also doubt that Arnchu and 5150 are the only two teams/riders that are running with a Brembo. But to be honest, I don't care to know who else is and I hope those who have a Brembo make it through the rest of the season quietly, without having to go through the hassle of a protest.

Just for the record, I never said Vesrah did not work hard. I think anyone racing at all works very hard just to be there. Whether there is any favoritism toward anyone period, is my own opinion, based on what I have observed.

Sean to explain why I was directing leadership questions to you, while I know that Evelyn owns and runs the organization, I was led to believe that you held some leadership responsibilities as well, like operating as thread czar, running some rider meetings, writing the rule book, performing protest investigations...that's all.

Anyway, I know everyone here loves a good conflict but I really just wanted to state my perspective and am glad to have some feedback. I know everyone sees things slightly differently. Tis life and I respect that. I don't have the time or interest in sparing with the experts here, so carry on and have fun.

Thanks~

14. teampolevault

teampolevault Well-Known Member

Legal stuff is always the best choice and you can modify a LOT of stuff on the bike to help in endurance racing but look around at s.s. teams bikes and it is quite simple to have a smooth pit stop with a good crew(4 people min.). It is unfortunate these teams had to get called out on this rule but they knew ahead of time that the masters were not legal per the rulebook and you can not expect to be able to choose your punishment. These teams in my opinion can get the job done with adjustable levers cause they both are fast and have good pit stops and are good people, so the rest of the season should be interesting. You are allowed to drop a race for the season, so call this one yalls drop and put your head down and get the job done and be consistent. Congratulations on your efforts at Grattan, both teams should be proud of that race and just use your anger in a positive way and good luck.

15. ghetto customs

GYAAAAHHH DOG!!!!! Cant catch a break around N E where. I'm pretty sure I can talk Cale into puting some Motox in the bike some how though......... He does like to hump things. This chic aughta see our Brembo, its as big around as a 55 gallon drum, it took me a little bit to keep the bastard from indo'ing in ever corner. The "oh shit" factory was very high!!!! Couldn't Ya'll see me sippen on the big gulp down the front straight................

16. Sunny

Sunny Banned

Just asking a valid question as to me the statement "running a stock bodywork" doesn't mean that the way it mounts has to be exactly stock. If it does, most crashed bikes would DQ because the mounting brackets (i.e., fairing stay) could be altered slightly (even some aftermarket mounting brackets are slightly off when compared to the stock ones). Therefore, drilling lower holes on the fender to raise it slightly seems legal to me.

Perhaps, the rulebook should be edited by adding "stock bodywork must not be altered in anyway intentionally and all associated mounting geomotry needs to be stock as well (crashed induced is ok, but should be corrected for the next race event; ok for the same race weekend as most might not have everything needed to correct the problem on track). Just a suggestion since making workding in the rulebook robust is beneficial to all. :up:

17. Sunny

Sunny Banned

Sorry to say............not on this BBS as I found out..............Every time I post an opinion, I get shut down hard even as an expert racer now............. :D Don't let them get to you though (many here just love to pick "someone" apart). You do have some valid points. :up: I too believe the wording in the rulebook can be improved to prevent any confusion! After all, the author can not assume all can read and understand the same way as he/she does. Rulebook is best written like the "....... for the idiot" series! :up: :beer:

Last edited: Jul 20, 2006
  18. melissa

melissa Sir

Man, have I got a story for you! :D

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Poor Sunny. So misunderstood, so persecuted. And out of pure hatred. Not at all because he had locked in self into a pattern of repeating the same stupid things over and over again. No Sir. The whole world just loves to hate Sunny because he is right all the time.

20. Dutch

Dutch Token white guy

Papa, It's Sunny's world. We all just live in it ;)