1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Protest

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by Mongo, Jul 19, 2006.

1. vcr12 pit crew

vcr12 pit crew Well-Known Member

enough said...:bow: :stupid:

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Don't you have a bulletin board for shit like that? I've come across the board somewhere and know that there's an endurance section and a tech section where people have asked questions about legality of mods.

Gimme a bit and I'll find the URL.

3. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

...well?...

we're still waiting...

4. svstinker

svstinker Well-Known Member

This rulebook cheater stuff makes seriously entertaining reading material. I'd happily buy a book comprised of such material. If any writer- publisher types frequent this board please consider publishing a book that focuses on the racer/cheater/psycho/crybaby angle.:up:

And I'd also appreciate r6chic and all those associated with advanced kawi to feel free and further question the finer points of the Wera rulebook and its complicated/biased structure. God Bless America for giving us her entertaining nooks and grannies!:D

5. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

I'll get right on it...

And if you think people have conspiracy theories regarding the success of Vesrah, you should have seen the theorists circa 1981-1996...

6. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I've been quite on this until now.
    There is more involved in this drama. It's a matter of how it all played out, and what lead to the protest. Different views of what took place from each. I'm friends with all of the teams involved. Including Advanced Kawasaki.
    Do you have any idea of how many SS racers had Brembo master cylinders on their GSXR's prior to that weekend?
    Not taking any sides here, just don't throw stones.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Sorry, I found a piece of tin foil and was mesmerized by that for a few days.

Here you go: http://www.ccsforum.com/

8. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

making hats again?

thanks for finally finding that link!:D

9. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Where's the link to the endurance rules?
    :crackup:

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okay boys and girls and kids of all all ages - the appeals board has given their opinion on the protest and they agree with the teams running the Brembos that the wording is insufficient to make them illegal. So my initial ruling of the teams being illegal has been overturned, the points and results will be changed to reflect the ruling. We'll be returning parts and sending purse checks out tomorrow. Trophies will be available at Summit Point.

I would like to thank everyone for acting professionally about this entire thing with minor exceptions. Thanks also go out to the people serving on the appeals board for their help.

I would also like to warn everyone that while the Brembos will be totally legal for all SS classes in 2006 they will not be for 2007 nor will anything other than stock for front rotors.

11. 92excel

92excel Well-Known Member

I dont get it either. You guys were ill prepared, slow ass riders and keith perry cant build a motor.

12. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

:up: :up:
    Great job Sean and everyone involved in the appeal :bow: :bow:

13. stuman

stuman Well-Known Member

I'm glad the teams had the opportunity to appeal and that it went their way. Good job Mongo and the appeals board.

It's also wise decision to clear up the wording on the rotors and master cylinder rules for next year. Good work again.

Now about that fender thing ... :) Just kidding.

14. svstinker

svstinker Well-Known Member

Please fix that Laguna problem first......because the next californian that tells me he's out of $4 water is going to be a dead motherf@cker!!!!:down: