1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prayer request

Discussion in 'General' started by StanTheMan, Feb 4, 2021.

1. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I was so weak I could hardly walk before I was taken to the hospital. Biggest thing is if she shows any signs of breathing problems, get her to a hospital. All the other side effects are not nearly as big an issue as the lung problems.

I'll continue to send you and the wife positive thoughts.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Reminds me of my bronchitis that got me coughing enough to pass out. Flipped Evelyne the hell out too, luckily I was sitting not standing :D That whole thing though sucked, constant cough, always dizzy and out of breath.

3. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Continuing to send positivity to you and Mrs. Stan. Hang in there, buddy.

4. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I imagine Evelyne being collateral damage if you passed out while standing.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

She's smart enough to move. I hope...

R Acree likes this.
  7. JCW

JCW Well-Known Member

I had it bad too. Laid me out for 2 weeks. Took a month off to recover.
    My wife and kids never got it... wife tested neg for antibodies.

This thing is weird...

Continuing to keep you and your wife in our thoughts and prayers! Kick its ass for us

BigBird and Razr like this.
  8. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

There are several other coronaviruses that have been in this country for years, exposure
    to those other viruses can protect you against COVID-19. When you get one of those
    coronaviruses, your doctor calls it a cold. These coronaviruses are far more alike than
    they are different so your immune system recognizes them quickly if you're exposed.
    It's really not weird at all. Our bodies shrug off all sorts of nasty things on a regular basis.
    A healthy immune system is your best defense.

Stan, I wish you and your wife all the best. I know you are worried but it sounds like
    she will just need some time to get back to her old self. She's being taken good care of.
    Good job.

Razr likes this.
  9. JCW

JCW Well-Known Member

:rolleyes:

Jed likes this.
  10. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

Take it easy take a deep breath you are panicking a little totally understand it but you're not doing yourself any favors or her.
    Just be strong right it out and like the previous poster said monitor her breathing and her lungs.
    I tested positive a little over two weeks ago and like many said it's really weird man I had shortness of breath a little trouble breathing like I was severely congested yet I had zero congestion... none

Aches and pains instantaneous nerve spasms kind of is best I can explain like a shark pin for 1 to 2 seconds in my foot my bicep and my thigh all at different times and never more than once? Had a fever for 6 days low-grade it's subsided.
    But definitely with your finger on the pulse man you can certainly tell how dangerous this could be if it goes to your lungs and decides to stay there and get worse it's the only thing I would worry about.
    I'll tell you what though it's not mass hysteria this thing is made my thinking a little loopy my first day back to work today how is having trouble concentrating on the laptop just not with it...
    I will never ever believe that this was something natural that has come along this thing has 20 different freaking side effects.
    It's scary but be strong Don't Fall to pieces your wife needs you and you needs you, and there's no doubt you need your wife!!
    I have had flus and colds that have been way way way worse than this however when it starts to go to your lungs that's where this thing likes to play in The devil's playground.
    I'm sure you bought yourself a fingertip oxygen reader use that they're like 30 to 50 bucks her oxygen level should be around the 90s it's in the 80s don't panic but it's a easy quick way to reassure yourself to a point.
    Wishing you the best wishing your gal the best keep the faith brother

11. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Totally appropriate response given the genesis of this thread. The fuck is wrong with you?

Stan, your wife is in my thoughts.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  12. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

any update Stan? still thinking of you both, and sending positive thoughts.

Boman Forklift, Jedb and HPPT like this.
  13. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for the prayers and positive thoughts. She’s doing better now, still with continuing body aches and really low energy levels but I think she’s moving slowly in the right direction. She actually slept through the night last night (Thursday night) without waking up with a 10-minute coughing spell, and that’s the first time that’s happened in about 12 days. So I’m cautiously optimistic but will take things one day at a time. I really do appreciate all the support from all of you, and special thanks for the multiple pm’s sent. You guys and gals are great. ‘Cept metalhead. He still sucks.

j cal, beechkingd, BigBird and 8 others like this.
  14. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

That's great news!

15. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

+1

16. skidooboy

Been a while for an update Stan, I hope things are still going in the right direction for both you, and the Mrs. Ski

17. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

While I like the updates, and it's a great thread, I always get a little nervous when these threads are at the top of the list. Good vibes and prayers sent to Stan and his wife.

Yzasserina likes this.
  18. skidooboy

19. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

She is still making progress but sometimes out of the blue she’ll have a big “two steps back” day. My anesthesiologist boss says this is common with ‘long hauler’ victims of Covid. Yesterday (Wednesday 3/3/21) was a so-so day. Her voice is still weak and the occasional coughing fit still comes around, but she said her energy level was better. I’m cautiously optimistic but I still take things one day at a time. Thanks for checking on her, and us! You guys and gals rock!

20. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Glad to hear steady progress.

Razr likes this.