1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prayer request

Discussion in 'General' started by StanTheMan, Feb 4, 2021.

1. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

I humbly come to the beeb to ask for some prayers tonight. Despite our best efforts, (we've both meticulously careful) my wife has tested positive for Covid-19, and is moderately-symptomatic, which in and of itself scares the hell out of me. When any of you guys have needed help with medical stuff, I've always tried to step up and offer any help. Now I humbly ask for yours. I don't have kids, she's all I've got. I'm terified.

JBall, _indy, APO2112 and 12 others like this.
  2. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

I'll be praying for you and your wife Stan.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You got it, dude.

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Prayers sent Stan. You've always been there to answer questions and offer help. PLEASE let us know if there is anything we can do.

Jedb likes this.
  5. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

You got it man!

6. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

Prayers coming at you!

7. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Done.

8. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

Prayers sent. Not political at all and I know you’re at Duke so they have access, get her an IV of antibodies straight away. Regeneron or Eli Lily. They aren’t advertising it but there are plenty of supplies out there and they work early on.

Offices aren’t offering them up but call her PA or other offices until you find someone that will provide it. I hope she starts feeling better soon.

beac83, Newyork and BigBird like this.
  9. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

already on it. I've got her scheduled for monoclonal infusion at 10:00 a.m. Friday morning. And no, I didn't pull any strings. She's high-risk due to her asthma. Plus, I'm in quarantine for 10-14 days, so Duke wants me back at work asap.

Newyork, ToofPic, BigBird and 3 others like this.
  10. Christopher Graybosch

Christopher Graybosch Well-Known Member

My wife and I had Covid last month. We were very lucky, lost senses and that’s it. No other symptoms for us thank God. Will be praying your Covid experience was a breeze like ours

BigBird and StanTheMan like this.
  11. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

Good to hear! Praying for ya. Btw - I hope you didn’t take it as I was saying pull strings, i just remembered that you’re at the University and I figured they’d have them.

12. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

Lifting y’all up Stan

13. Rico888

Rico888 Well-Known Member

Done....my best to both of you

14. Phl218

Phl218 .

Have her put a fork in Covid‘a forehead

15. JCW

JCW Well-Known Member

I truly wish you and your wife a speedy recovery.
    There are things I could say about my personal experience but I don't know if it would help or hurt, other than to say I was pretty sick without needing hospitalization and managed to recover. Though through nothing of my own doing.
    I hope the same or BETTER for her!

Did you see Canada's colchicine study results? 50% reduction in hospitalizations in pcr postive outpatients but in absolute numbers a drop from only 6% to 3-4%. 70 patients treated for one positive outcome.

16. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Prayers for your wife Stan. Keeping good thoughts for her and you. Be strong sir! She’s in good hands!

17. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

Certainly my man! Just like you I was with my wife for 27 years no kids not much of a family just her lost her to cancer quickly and unexpectedly crashed my world it's been 3 years but seems like yesterday....
    I was just diagnosed with covid-19 on Monday.
    I've had a fever for 7 days but nothing more than 102, I'm gassed just doing simple tasks.
    I do worry as every time I get cold they go to my lungs I'm keeping my fingers crossed my oxygen levels are completely normal... And I think for the most part " knock on wood" it will be okay I've had colds and flus that have been worse...way worse. I'm also pretty sore and achy.....I'm kind of pissed because I haven't been sick in almost 3 years I just started a new job where I am on construction sites none of the ignorant fuckhead's wear masks or wash their hands..... Whatcha ya going to do.
    I have a good friend who has severe asthma and allergies he got two weeks after Thanksgiving his symptoms were very similar to mine and he made it through just fine.
    Best wishes for your wife and for you nothing is more terrifying than being alone.
    I totally understand you.
    With any luck in 2 or 3 weeks you guys can have a nice candle light dinner at home.

18. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

She's in my prayers. All the best JuJu also!

19. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

As one of the most selfless folks on here with sharing your knowledge when people are in a bind, you have lots of good vibes headed your way from Portland.
    May she have minimal symptoms, and a quick recovery!

Stay strong, @StanTheMan

20. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Add me to the list of those praying for your wife ... and you too Stan. All the best to both of you!

Jedb likes this.