1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your road bicycle

Discussion in 'General' started by cha0s#242, May 19, 2016.

1. ESmith

ESmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

2. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Add on to homeowners.

XFBO likes this.
  3. Jed

Jed mellifluous

The geo has always been my favorite paint scheme. I was too broke to get one when they came off. Ended up with a Ciocc instead.

Oh, slam the stem and cut that steering tube down! Yer gonna put an eye out with that thing!!!

;D

Cuddles de Sade and ESmith like this.
  4. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Awesome!!!!

Guessing you raced at one time or another. My friend just won the GA 35+ Masters and is heading to the Nats. He has a damn good chance if it comes down to a sprint. He won the jersey at tour of the dairyland last year. Since he doesn't race Cats any more he hasn't bothered upgrading to a Cat I.

5. socal

socal Well-Known Member

Yes- crits, road races and triathlons. Just some intra club stuff now.

Sounds like your buddy is killing it.

6. This thread is stupid because I've resisted the urge to buy a road bike and now I'm not going to get anything done at the shop today because I'll be looking at bikes all day. Finding something used that fits is going to be a challenge. I don't know my size. 6'5 with a 33ish inseam and a damn long reach. Do you guys have any Suggestions for something enjoyable for a first road bike? I don't want some overly stiff thing I'll hate.

7. G 97

G 97 Garth

2012 Trek Madone 6.9 SSL, SRAM Red group. Motor needs an upgrade.
    [​IMG]

8. G 97

G 97 Garth

Those are made in good ol Des Moines, Iowa. Awesome bike.

MUFC1878 likes this.
  9. socal

socal Well-Known Member

Canyon is my next bike. Designed and assembled in Germany. Carbon tubing is from Asia. Word is that the bikes will be available for purchase in the US very soon.

[​IMG]

cha0s#242 likes this.
  10. socal

socal Well-Known Member

Time makes a gorgeous bike. One of the few european bike manufacturers that makes their own carbon tubing. Rides smooth as silk.
    [​IMG]

11. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I think he's 34th in the country right now in Cat IIs. He and Emile Abraham are good friends. Not sure if Emile will be at the Nats or not, but if he is I'd wager they'd work together to get one of them across the line first.

If I'm ever in the area I'm going to steal one of those bikes. In high school we had a student from South Africa. He had a Colnago he picked up at the factory with C-Record with the delta brakes. I had no idea what all that meant back then, but now.... damn.

12. Jed

Jed mellifluous

If you like Zee Germans, check out Storck. They quit selling in the US for a few years. I think the distributor wasn't cutting it for them. Competitive Cyclist has them now.

I'm pretty sure they were the first with the crazy aero all over the bike and probably license out to the other manufacturers. I know they were first with brakes built into the fork arms and integrated stem and top tube.

I had a Storck Scenario and loved it. Sold it when we went to a Trek shop for sponsorship. Not as comfortable as the Madone for sure but was a fantastic bike for crits and anything under about 80 miles.

[​IMG]

13. ton

ton Arf!

solid chance we've got a friend in common. my best friend races with the Ridley Masters team down there.

14. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Andy? Isaac joined their team this year. They've got some fantastic riders. All great guys too.

15. Jed

Jed mellifluous

The only thing that really jumps out at me is that it's 9 speed. Pretty much all new bikes are running 11 cogs in the back. 9 speed hasn't been used in years as far as I know. there's a lot of 10 speed gear that's getting upgraded to 11 and deals can be had.

Look for Tiagra / 105 components from Shimano and Rival from Sram.

16. Am I unreasonable with a $1k budget? I'll keep looking. Bit hard it seems with a 61-63cm size...

17. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

And they spell the name correctly! :D

18. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

^
    I am 6'5" / 255#, with a standover of 37.25". "Perfect" size for a successful motorcycle road racer ...
    You ride, so you know that "Fit" is critical, if you are going to ride it Long, Fast, or Far.
    If you think I ride 'big', check out; http://www.bicycling.com/culture/people/bill-walton

19. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Check out Performance Bike, if there are any locations near you. My buddy just picked up a very nice entry level Fuji with 105 or better components all around for about $1000 and it was on sale from $1500. Plus, if you join their rewards club, you'll get 10% back in store credit to use towards shoes and pedals.

Edit: he got this one.

http://www.performancebike.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/mProduct4_10551_10052_1189987_-1_catNav