1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible terrorism in Manchester UK?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by SPL170db, May 22, 2017.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Try using better ammo ;)

2. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Tell that to the family of the lad I grew up with who was killed in a pub in the UK.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Doesn't count, they were Christians.

4. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

As usual, you have nothing.
    And now you claim the State Department is a person.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No, I claim it is made up of people.

Just because you don't understand what people say to you doesn't actually mean it's nothing. The issue is on your end ;)

6. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Ever watch a tennis match where the volley just never.fucking.ended?

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's more like they keep missing but grab more balls :D

Fonda Dix likes this.
  8. turtlecreek

turtlecreek Well-Known Member

Name 3 and why you wouldn't be tolerated 2? 1?

9. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

OK, aside from what Muslims and the Irish have been doing of late, let's go deep here. I have a sort of philosophical question for any/all of you.

Let's go back, let's say, 20 years. As we've watched one group or another strive for recognition with completely outrageous actions against innocent people using social media or the internet to convert more members, does anyone have any idea of how, or when, this kind of ignorance will end? What would/will it take to bring the terrorism to a halt? Kill all of them? Educate the radicals? Extend a hand in friendship? Wait it out? What say the beeb? The world awaits our answer.

10. In Your Corner

You can't bring the terrorism to a halt, you can only try to reduce the likelihood it will happen.
    You can't change people.
    The only thing left is to keep the bad people out of the country.
    Once they are here, the problem is more complicated, to the point of having no good solution.
    That means, if they bring the problem here, a bad solution will be employed.
    Why bring in trouble we don't need?
    And no, I don't care about being fair to anybody except the citizens of the US.

11. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

This is your answer. Anything short of this will not stop them. It's an ugly damn truth but that's the answer.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Me? Most of south america. Large chunks of western europe, I'd be good in Eastern drinking beer. :D

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's been going on since the beginning of history, the only thing that ever changes are the excuses.

Nothing will fix it totally. Modernization helps quite a bit but as we see here in the US there are plenty of middle and upper middle class morons who will buy in to psychos and their preaching.

But basically nothing will ever fix it.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So what are you going to do about those who are from here - especially since they're the ones doing anything of late....

15. In Your Corner

The government can either take them seriously and root out the ones they can, or you'll probably see private groups form to do the same thing in illegal ways. We're already seeing the beginnings of that in Europe, gangs harassing and attacking Muslims.
    If governments don't protect the people, the people will protect themselves, probably in violent ways.

16. speeddaddy

speeddaddy Well-Known Member

Then say so, you said" people in Ireland blowing each other up" ..... regardless still a shitty analogy

17. turtlecreek

turtlecreek Well-Known Member

so you make a statement of equivalency and this is what you come back with as an example? really? i am not asking you to air dirty laundry, but you said you would't be tolerated in Christian countries. Maybe you need to define what a Christian country is, because western europe has Christian roots, but certainly isn't governed that way. but even so, how would you not be tolerated? i think western europe, much to their chagrin, has shown themselves to be extraordinarily tolerant. Maybe you have to define tolerate? would they cut your head off on youtube with a dull knife? would they beat you with a rod? would they throw you in jail? i just really don't see any truth in what you said, but am open to you showing me the way.

18. In Your Corner

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Try using quotes then as the mention I made of the IRA two posts above yours was about London.