1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible terrorism in Manchester UK?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by SPL170db, May 22, 2017.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

That's because it's been about a thousand years since Christians were in the position Muslims are in now. Christianity is not expanding. It's reached it's peak and doesn't really have the impetus to fight to gain new territory. It's also in pretty much the best places on earth, so there's no reason to go anywhere else.

If you go back to my teen/adult analogy, you wouldn't expect a compare a teen to an adult on equal grounds - they're just not the same thing. But, if you look back in time to what that adult was like when he was a teen, it's a more equal and fair comparison.

I really don't know why you guys keep this going. I've never said (and won't say) anything nice about Islam - they're fucking lunatics who commit countless atrocities that they justify as god's will. I wish you'd just concede that Christians have done some equally fucked up shit "in the name of the lord" and call it a day.

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

See my post above about today.

Technically, muslims aren't trying to exterminate every other religion or convert every non-believer. I believe there are rules in place for some sort of tax/homage that can be paid by followers of other religions or something stupid like that. But to dispute your claim, there were millions who converted to Christianity at the blade of a sword.

3. turtlecreek

turtlecreek Well-Known Member

the hard part about this discussion is you make statements about what you think i said, not what i said. i didn't say that Christians never killed anybody. MAN KILLS MAN. Christian/Jew/Muslim/Atheist. we rob, steal, screw, lie, cheat. however, Christianity, the religion, does not promote it. islam promotes just about any behavior in the promotion of their system....in WRITING. a faithful muslim can kill or oppress, rape and pillage, and do so while following the written tenants of islam. i as a Christian, fail to adhere to the tenants of Christ everyday, simply by feeling hate towards others who try to destroy my country or by being jealous of someone who posts a fab facebook vacation.

just not the same.

4. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Because you're wrong. The first paragraph in the quote above is just total nonsense, with no facts to back it up.
    You're working so hard to slander Christians that you can't see you're making no sense.
    Why on earth would Muslims be 1000 years behind Christians in the "development" of their religion?
    There is no reason. Your argument falls apart right there.

5. jase

jase Your kind makes me sick!!

6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Uh, because they started later. Not quite 1000 years, more like 700.

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Do they drive cars, use stinger missiles, microwaves, the internet? If so, your argument is without merit. To be a bit more blunt, it is disingenuous, self serving bull excrement.

8. turtlecreek

reasonable response, by extrapolation, is your position that the actions of Christianity in the 1900's was equivalent to islam today?

9. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I think you missed the math. 700 years ago was not the 1900s. It was the 1300s. Inquisition, then later expansions into central and south America by the sword and expunging the existing religions (Incas, Aztecs, etc.).

10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Tenants? Show me the lease! :Poke:

11. turtlecreek

oops. i is an engineer. :) i still stand by my statement that when you look at the example given by the initial member (mohommed vs Jesus) and the written doctrines, you will see a stark difference. one allows/calls for such action and the other does not.

12. turtlecreek

i'm slow. help me out with a more descriptive statement

13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Tenets perhaps? :moon: ;)

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Fair enough. The Koran is certainly clear about it being okay to kill non-believers, and they're really open about what makes a non-believer. The Bible is more ambiguous, but there have certainly been plenty of people that have found inspiration for violence in it.

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Tenants of Islam are more likely than tenants of Christianity to be killed for failing to adhere to the tenets of their religion.

turtlecreek likes this.
  16. turtlecreek

i can agree with that.

17. turtlecreek

ah, my spelling...did i say i is an engineer? :)

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Sorry, that's not allowed in the dungeon:Poke::crackup:

turtlecreek likes this.
  19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

[​IMG]

pickled egg and turtlecreek like this.
  20. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

TL/DR since you can't bother to acknowledge that not only do police officers in America routinely turn weapons against US citizens, but that you have done so yourself. I'm not arguing the legal and/or political reasoning for doing so... just the fact that you have done so.

I get the fact that you can't acknowledge that and maintain your fictional high road in these conversations, so you can only resort to calling names.

But you still know I'm right.

Meanwhile, the other conversation in this thread is far more entertaining than you. I'll just hope that I don't live long enough to see my prediction come to full fruition.