1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible terrorism in Manchester UK?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by SPL170db, May 22, 2017.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

All three Judaeo-Christian religions are like this. In fact, most every religion is a creation of man, trying to influence and control other men. What better way to get people to do what you say than to proclaim it divine? Are there certain things within Islam that exacerbate these things, yes, but they are present in each and they've all followed very similar paths as they've developed. There is virtually nothing in the Koran regarding laws/practices that isn't also in the Old Testament, but for whatever reason, most Christians and Jews aren't running around trying to instigate Armageddon.

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

You're tainted by your upbringing. If there was a Native North Americaner BBS back in the 1500's, they'd be talking about Christians like we talk about Muslims (probably much worse!).

3. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Oddly enough, Islam is in about the same place that it was in the 12th century. I don't expect that state of affairs to change much as more centuries tick by.

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Sorry. No. The timeline is absolutely a factor and was even a couple centuries ago. Making excuses for Islam is absurd and kinda condescending.

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Didn't realize you were 900 years old. Thank you for your insight.

6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I'm not making excuses for them, they're all nuts. I'm only pointing out the hypocrisy of a bunch of Christians condemning Muslims for doing exactly the same shit that made Christianity the dominant religion a few hundred years ago.

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

And I am pointing out the absurdity of comparing a few hundred years ago with today.

cav115, XFBO and speeddaddy like this.
  8. nigel smith

Perhaps I simply know how to read. I'm not sure what point you are attempting to make in this discussion, but it appears that you are trying to equate a religion that has evolved along with civilization to one that has failed spectacularly to do the same. Of course, you might not be far amiss if you were to point out that in those areas of the world where Islam has long held sway, civilization would have remained equally stagnant were it not for outside influences.

9. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I may have missed a few posts.

Are we talking about Islam or Catholicism here?... It isn't particularly clear from that statement.

10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

How is it absurd? Are you the same person you were when you were a teenager? Would you condemn a teen today for doing the same dumb shit you did 30-40 years ago?

11. nigel smith

Willful self inflicted obfuscation does not become you. Go to Jerusalem and loudly slander any of the religions you are unsure about. My meaning will become abundantly clear.

12. nigel smith

I give up. What is your point? Give me the comparative religion for dummies version.

13. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Non-response? On what, and here I thought I was the one who had an unanswered question pending. This thread is getting more bizarre with each day.

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Today's teenager would get arrested for things that we considered pranks. Society evolves and at an increasing rate. Things we did as teens would have been much worse a few hundred years ago. Hell, a lot of it would have been impossible. Your comparison is silly.

15. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Nothing bizarre at all. You asked me to give you an example, and it turns out that all you needed was a mirror. The fact that you can't look at the mirror and see what I see is further evidence that my concern is valid.

16. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Which is another point I was about to make.
    If we do accept the theory that they are just running behind, we can look back and see the rate of progression and say with some certainty that it will be several hundred years in the future at best before they mature enough to stop killing everybody.
    We can't afford to wait that long.

17. In Your Corner

18. In Your Corner

Not surprised they want to keep as much information as possible away from the public.

MI5 was warned about Manchester bomber Salman Abedi’s support of Islamists

A relative of the Manchester bomber warned the British authorities that he was “dangerous”, it emerged yesterday, amid concerns that chances to stop him were missed.

Salman Abedi’s support for terrorism was reported this year to the security services, and friends had called Britain’s anti-terrorist hotline five years ago with concerns about his views, it was claimed. He was reported for violent statements, including a claim that being a suicide bomber was “OK”.

19. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Dung level trolling....good for you!!!

Yea, police never have a valid reason to unholster and point their guns at a threat....nahhhh, you're right, Houston, we have a problem. :rolleyes:

20. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Show me where I said they didn't have a reason. Their political overlords have determined what the crimes du jour are, and sent them off to ""stop"" those crimes using threat of force if not outright force. When the masters decide other things are crimes, the wind-up brownshirts will enforce those laws, too... like the useful idiots they are.

LE knowingly avoids hiring the best & brightest... knowing that they can't afford to retain them past rudimentary training before a better offer comes along & takes the good eggs away.

Congrats on your recent retirement, BTW. :rolleyes: