1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pit Etiquette

Discussion in 'General' started by VFR#52, Jul 2, 2019.

1. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

@Wheel Bearing

Spoiler alert - he’s gonna tell you it’s awesome.

Wheel Bearing likes this.
  2. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I have seen the Predators in the pits. They seem about as quiet as my Yamaha 3000iseb. Hard to say for sure, because of differing loads. I know mine makes considerably more noise when running two sets of warmers, two fans, and a boot/glove dryer than when it is just running a single set of warmers. It also isn't as quiet as it was when it was new but it is now 10 years old and still running strong.

3. Paint Shaker

Paint Shaker Tractor Motor Racer

Missing the track, but living the dream!!

Sabre699 likes this.
  4. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

@Rising Sun has several he uses.

5. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

If only there's been years of good reviews on it to search on here... :D

6. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Just bought one last year, the 2000. Works great, starts easy, and is quiet enough. My wife and I sat probably 10ft away from it at barber and had no problems carrying a normal conversation.

7. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

So you`re saying it`s good for relationships too? :D

2blueYam likes this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Bought a 3500w Predator for the house that I can tie to the Honda 2000 I already have, it's a touch louder (and more powerful) but I really like it. The two together will still not be horrible by a long shot. Does remind me I need to get the parallel kit and work on a setup to plug it into the house.

Buell1965 likes this.
  9. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Indeed!

I was considering doing the same thing...Wasn't sure if I wanted to spend about the same money and get one of the 9k noisy models for power outages instead...

10. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I’d like to have one just to leave in the trailer. I don’t think I will need a 3500 but man the price is nice. On the other hand, it’s nice that the smaller unit can be carried by hand. How long will the 3500 last on one tank?

11. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

A couple of friends with Predators said to buy the extended warranty. Apparently it’s cheap, and if the unit quits they’ll hand you another one. One guy even returned his half disassembled.

12. Rising Sun

Rising Sun Well-Known Member

I bought several to replace when one inevitably broke. It never did. Now i offset their use to keep the hours similar.

Also, i added a fuel pump to run an external tank from Pinellas Power Products.

TurboBlew and RRP like this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The noisy ones aren't worth it even for the extra juice. Even outside the house when power is out for long enough they suck ass.

mpusch likes this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

2 or 3 of em (depending on the sale) for the price of one 2000 Honda is well worth it. No clue on fuel yet, just fired it up to make sure it all worked and that's about it.

15. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

running a rooftop trailer a/c, and fridge... ~6hrs. Holds 3.5 gallons. The extended run kit is worth being able to sleep thru the night without having to splash gas in the we hours...lol.

Shenanigans and Rising Sun like this.
  16. Rising Sun

Agreed. Adding the kit is a life saver. Easy to do and a must have.

TurboBlew likes this.
  17. TSWebster

TSWebster Well-Known Member

Where might one find this kit?

Rising Sun likes this.
  18. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Rising Sun likes this.
  19. Buell1965

Buell1965 Well-Known Member

If it helps sir , 1 - 11000 watt surge/9500 watt on gas / 8375 watt surge / 7500 on propane (will have 3 100 lb propane tanks stored with Gennie and went with the propane to not have to deal with gas degradation , model 1100 DF wen from lowes at around 1300.00 with added warranty . The wen had great reviews after mush research and seems to run great . 240 breaker added to your panel and enough romex 10/2 wire and conduit to reach termination point for your 30 amp twist lock weather proof plug ( i will run to back of house and mount on brick . "must have is a interlock switch on your panel to prevent accidental current flow " . I plan on running my 2.5 ton split unit and will be installing a easy start kit from microair for the compressor since in ruch amps may exceed my gennie (typical amp on start up runs 70 and sometimes higher the easy start will reduce to 30/40 amps ) Cheers

20. Rising Sun