1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

People who should not be effed with.

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Feb 5, 2019.

1. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

Dude just strangled a mountain lion, I doubt he needs to worry about PETA or vegans!

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Watersports?

3. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I have removed domestic kittens from a barn before that would eat your ass up.
    There's also you tube video of an animal control officer on a local news channel trying to adopt out
    this "sweet,friendly kittie" Its one of my wifes all time favorite vids.
    This house cat eats the guy a new ass,and escapes.Wonder what home it ended up in?
    Cats aint no joke,big or little.Just you tube it.

Found video posting in video section

SpeedyE likes this.
  4. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Some people here are crazy. its pretty damn impressive to do what the guy did.
    A 80lb cat is not the same thing as a 80lb human.

It would kill 95% of the people here without anyone even putting up a fight.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I bet that cat thrashes big time when its air supply is cut off...

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

renegade17 likes this.
  7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Killer wouldn't last a day in Korea. He looks delicious.

SpeedyE and G 97 like this.
  8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

YouTube thread. :D

SpeedyE likes this.
  9. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

I have what i though was three, now turns out to be 4 coyotes w/ mange in my (my moms) backyard, in sub-freezing weather. I been feeding them, trying to get them on a time-table so i can administer meds for the mange. I am still struggling to figure out how to get each one to get only one dose????
    here is video of a sweet possum whooping one of the sick coyotes maybe a week ago. I have handled maybe 1000+ possums never bit, never seen one bite....this guy was fierce. The crazy thing is I (or anyone) could walk back there and pick the possum up and it wouldnt bite, cant believe it engaged/swung at a 40-lb coyote.

and the winner is

Bobcat walking through

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
    G 97 likes this.
  10. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Mountain lions are an issue in CA. For years nobody has done anything with them because they’re such beautiful majestic kitties. Now they have no fear of humans and are numbers are growing.

SpeedyE likes this.
  11. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Cite, please.

condon66 likes this.
  12. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

years ago my brother (rip) and daughter seen one a couple blocks from my mom's house in a feild, and I almost hit the same one w/ my car on road next to the feild, never seen him again. small Maybe 60-70#s. Very much wooded/water conditions w/ Large population/subdivisions/people. i always thought it was odd no one ever lost a dog to it.

13. condon66

condon66 Member well known

Don't take these crazy bastards lightly. They would kill you in a heartbeat. They crazy.

14. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

There numbers have grown. :) . Californians that think they're cute animals voted to remove hunting as an option for management. So, now F&G issues depredation permits each year and about 100 are killed each year. If hunting were allowed, more funds could be dedicated to research on lions. The only effective way to get good data on lions is running dogs and putting collars on them.

15. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Their numbers are growing in several states. They are starting to come into suburban areas.

16. G 97

G 97 Garth

Opossums are cool. I just don’t like them eating all my suit and bird feed. So trap and release.
    8F566377-FCFF-4E3B-9CFA-4028194CCEB6.jpeg

Groundhog/woodchucks
    A30582B8-CC96-417F-9EA2-95CCE29F5107.jpeg 890280DF-E59F-453D-AE62-3E3A721A5622.jpeg

Coon 7F7620F0-BB2F-4297-8F99-4BD17CBE708D.jpeg

SpeedyE likes this.
  17. G 97

G 97 Garth

I live in a suburban hell of houses in the middle of town. But I have a 10,000 gal fake pond that draws in all kinds of wildlife. Deer, coons, opossums, groundhogs, ducks, cranes, geese, hawks and other birds etc.
    it keeps me somewhat connected. I hate living in town.
    DE19B5BC-1B95-48B3-93B7-BA3A4D90E663.jpeg
    E6266B02-69CB-4FD5-9FC0-E2B6EFC64EDC.jpeg

SpeedyE likes this.
  18. G 97

G 97 Garth

Killer is not amused. LOL.
    B7E70AAA-53CB-4BD6-9287-4271A53FE1F9.jpeg

Steeltoe, HPPT and SpeedyE like this.
  19. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Their :D
    Cite, please.
    I'm very aware of how large cat behavioral studies work (I have a minor in wildlife management, and yes, some (most) consider it from a prominent university). All the evidence I have seen to date has poor reliability population estimates, but using standard techniques is estimated to be roughly stable, and loss of habitat/encroachment by humans is increasing interaction rates, but not necessarily socialization behavior. I'm also very familiar with individual cases, cases of bound populations, and the yearly summary analysis by CF&W on lion encounters. What I am looking for are science-based studies, not media stories, which have fallen prey (!) to insatiable public demand for animal stories for generations.
    Another way to look at that is is suburban areas are coming into their habitat.

20. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

You know a fence would keep them out. :D

TurboBlew likes this.