1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oroville...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by fastfreddie, Feb 14, 2017.

1. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I thought there was a thread, search didn't reveal it. Anyway, CA is now asking for Federal assistance...
    Really? It's your dam, CA. You fix it.

2. Chango

Chango Something clever!

WTF? I thought Commiefornia had a yuuuge budget surplus.

3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Can't all the hippies sing to the illegals while they rebuild it?

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Billionaires borrow money too.
    And don't necessarily pay it back.

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  5. G 97

G 97 Garth

We want nothing to do with the rest of the US. Please send us your money. :crackup:

Boman Forklift and kangasj like this.
  6. G 97

G 97 Garth

Except in this case California is not borrowing it.
    You got the not paying it back part correct.

7. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

8. fastfreddie

Thanks. I assume you're from Cali. Have any thoughts to shed on the situation?

I'm sympathetic to the mess that might befall the people downstream but I'm having a hard time understanding how, or why, the rest of the nation should be financially involved. It was known a decade ago that this dam had issues. The EPA turned a blind eye to CA's requests. Why didn't/wouldn't CA take further action on their own?
    To be snarky, CA seems to think their environmental ideas are better for the nation as a whole (that shit gets rammed up our asses) but they can't keep their own ass clean without assistance from the other 49? WTF?

SWAT_Spyder76 likes this.
  9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Point was that just because you have money doesn't mean you don't use other sources if they're available. They are contributors to the federal budget, right?

10. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Yep, if the stats I've seen are accurate Calif gets 75 cents back from every dollar it sends the feds way. :)

Boman Forklift likes this.
  11. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

Yes im from Cali, down south though so i dont have any first hand knowledge of the area or local issues to this. with regard to the rest of your points... i pretty much agree. i like living here but the state is full of stupid politicians that i dont agree with. as recently as the beignning of this year Moonbeam was still pushing this ridiculous high speed rail from LA to San Francisco as our top priority for infrastructure projects. i voted no on that but i guess i get to donate for it anyway.

bottom line, self righteous demands for the environment and everyone to play by our rules and incompetent mismanagement of our own issues is just how we roll :D weather is great though :beer:

12. G 97

G 97 Garth

Oh no I get that. It's just funny how just a month ago they didn't want anything to do with Washington or the rest of the US. But now they are wanting help. They don't seem to have much conviction. I don't have any issues with the Feds stepping up and helping out as that's the way it should work.

13. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Help the idiots after they vote not to secede......and say they're sorry......and admit what a bunch of assholes they are......and after they kick out their illegals.....:D

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  14. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

the rail thing boggles my mind. I was amused at the rail system in San Diego. Nobody uses it. Most locals would rather drive their own car and pay $20 to park...lol. Mass transit sounds like a good idea until you mix in some human nature.

15. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Kali is like spoiled children, you love them and want to put a foot in their ass all at the same time. Fix the damned dam spillway, but make it cost them. Tit for tat...let's talk sanctuary city's now.

16. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I agree Cali is messed up, but as Newsshooter said, Cali doesn't get back as much as they contribute, so actually use all your arguments toward the other 49.:crackup::beer:

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

We'll manage to get through it somehow.

18. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

All that is kind of hard to tell though. For instance in Alabama we get back for stuff like military bases. So that is not some meth head on a couch getting a check (sadly like all other states we have those also). Further I believe we have a higher rate of volunteers joining the military on a per capita basis. How much is a life worth?

The dollar back calculation is bogus even though by a more rational basis CA may still be on the giving end (or not). For instance I would suspect that CA gets a high percentage of Navy dollars because it is coastal vs say Idaho (which does have a base LOL)

19. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Too soon? :D

[​IMG]

20. fastfreddie

Oh, no. That's classic...
    :crackup:

Come Spring and retrospect, it may not be too funny. I don't believe there's a fix that can be applied before season's end. We'll see if Mother Nature takes pity on the innocent...