1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oroville...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by fastfreddie, Feb 14, 2017.

1. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

The spillway is not repairable until it can be assured to not be required for releases. That means through spring snowmelt/runoff. Even though the Feather drainage is not particular high in elevation, there is still a fair amount of area above 7,000 ft which is holding snow now, and likely will get more over the next 2 and a half months.

2. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not surprising to me, lots of farm subsidies. I'll have to read it more to see if they're including all fed money spent which would include defense type businesses and military bases (like SC being at the top - small state that if it includes things like Parris Island could have a huge effect).

sheepofblue likes this.
  5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

It includes all federal expenditures so SC gets credit for military bases and Savannah River Site.

6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I wonder if they're counting all the money that goes towards large federal parks, Indian reservations, etc too

7. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Yeah, I don't like that "report". Just goes to show ya you can make statistics sound like they're sayin' somethin'...

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

What I read was it includes ALL federal expenditures, regardless of purpose.

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

So a state with few people, but lots of federal land (like Montana, Alaska, etc) would be disproportionately represented.

10. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

As would a State with a disproportionate amount of Welfare recipients, or few...which, I guess, is also disproportionate. :D

11. caferace

caferace No.

12. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Powerplant slated to be operational tomorrow.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Doesn't look all that bad to be honest. Yeah it's down to bedrock but no biggie there.

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Just askin...does bedrock in CA give folks the same level of comfort as it does in states where the ground is a wee bit more stable?:D

15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Bedrock, CA? Is that where the In-N-Out Brontoburger place is?