1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Olympics

Discussion in 'General' started by Yzasserina, Jul 10, 2021.

1. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Used to be a nutter for the Olympics, couldn't care less now. I'm more into the winter stuff but even that is fading.

2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

It was 1998, so "only" 23 years, but still, it was a joke about the holocaust. I'm all for laughing at the human condition no matter how grim, but I can't think of anything humorous about that topic.

Too damn many commercials to keep my interest. I'ma go weed the garden.

rice r0cket likes this.
  3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

US basketball lost to France!?!? F@ckin’ France! :crackup:

Local kid got top 10 in a shooting event. :up:

Yzasserina and rice r0cket like this.
  4. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

I'm watching on three different channels, so no commercials. Happy weeding!

5. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Been watching every day, I love it.

The Chinese synchronized divers are incredible.

6. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Yawn. Still on Olympics. Hats off to Norwegian guy who won triathlon. Whoever designed his outfit needs to be taken out back and shot.

7. Chain

Chain Well-Known Member

To me the spirit of the Olympics is track, field and steroids. All the other sports especially gear sports have their own more credible world championships

Quicktoy likes this.
  8. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Sort of? For soccer, tennis, basketball, agreed. For swimming, gymnastics, fencing, volleyball, equestrian, archery, shooting, rowing, can't remember what the heck else I watched today, it's a big deal, every four years.

9. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Agreed. The Holocaust is no laughing matter. It’s quite personal to me. My own great grandfather died at a concentration camp in Eastern Poland.

He fell out of his guard tower and broke his neck, we still find it difficult to talk about to this day.

10. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Just don't tell that joke in Poland....

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You first.

12. Jim Moore

Jim Moore Well-Known Member

Man, he had an awkward running stride! I figured that Limey would just run away from him eventually.

13. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

IKR? Looked so inefficient, like he was some middle aged guy running down the pub, lol. So what do we know? Except how to design a better outfit, haha...

Jim Moore likes this.
  14. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Brazil vs. Argentina men's volleyball, what a great match...

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Are you not working, or not sleeping?

16. wheelz96

wheelz96 Well-Known Member

How about Simone Biles... She wasn't exactly setting the world on fire last night in qualifying. No idea how these judges come up with the scores but it seemed favorable for Simone even tho I'm cheering her on...

Men's swim relay team took gold last night! Some of these events are very exciting!

17. Raceless man

Raceless man Well-Known Member

I want to see an over 50 Olympics....now that would be entertaining.

18. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Lol, both. Quasi-retired two years ago. I'll get back out there shortly before my brain completely turns to mush. In the meantime, what a great match!

19. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Yeah, rare bout of nerves for her, and you could tell she was pissed at herself. But her difficulty level is head and shoulders above anyone else's, so she could practically faceplant and still be in the mix.

Yes, that relay race was so exciting!

wheelz96 likes this.
  20. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

They said that guy trained 8 hours a day , 7 days a week . Yeah , he ran like he was in a train wreck, all over the place . That white suit is the best at keeping runner cool .. but you are right , it looked like Hell