1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Okay, WTF!? Bat in the house!

Discussion in 'General' started by Scotty87, Nov 4, 2011.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Moe is home!!

He showed up this evening none the worse for wear, just a little blanket fuzz stuck to his wings.
    When I got real close I could hear him humming "Strangers in the Night".

[​IMG]
    Can you see his friend in the pictures?
    [​IMG]

Scotty, Moe says thanks for all the hospitality. And he's sorry about your shoe.

2. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

I had one flying around inside my house last year. We were sitting at the kitchen table and I thought I saw something out the corner of my eye in our den but kept eating. Then, my wife shrieks and screams and heads for the hills.:wow: I grabbed a towel and knocked him out of the air. With him squealing I tried to get my daughter to look at him but she was having none of it. Finally let him go outside. He probably came down our chimney. We have had them in our attic as well. You may want to climb up there and take a gander....just saying!:D

3. vnvbandit

vnvbandit Well-Known Member

Got Bats in the Belfry? :wow:

That's pretty batty! ;)

4. pefrey

pefrey Well-Known Member

That's not true. You have very little time to seek treatment, but there is still time.

5. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Took a scan of the attic yesterday, it's clean. No bats in there, and no signs of any having been in there. My gable vents have screens on em, and the siding/soffit/fascia is new and undamaged. I still wanna know how the hell it got in here.

6. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

There was a tiny bag full of lock-picking tools laying on the deck this morning right under where Moe was hanging last night. Mystery solved.:D

7. wiggeywackyo

wiggeywackyo Well-Known Member

8. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

One of the best threads this year. I'm still laughing at the note.

9. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

mmmm...flying rat bastards :D

10. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

I read this entire post in a high octave voice, aloud to try and gain an understanding of your state of mind that night. Deposit your man card here to be destroyed!

The above post is worst than going to the restroom only to ask another man to accompany you. :Poke:

11. I was wondering where my tools went.

Well those tools, I still have my other one.

Mmm brogans.

12. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

:crackup::bow:

13. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Me too. I suggest a couple of Indian Cobras. :up:

14. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

:bow::bow::crackup::crackup:

God help me I can't breath..

15. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Are you one of the Mexican Freetail bats that I've seen down in the hill country of Texas? :)

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Did you check underneath your home?

[​IMG]

17. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Hell no. It was a damn bat, and a big one! In my house! I aint like the rest of you country bumpkins, I have no experience with this shit. Lived my whole life in a city.

You shut up. Be glad you didn't wake up dead.

Steeltoe, I am going to kill you.

:D

18. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

:crackup:

This.

:crackup:

Shoot that sumbitch, house needs paint and I got holes to patch anyway. :D

19. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Funny thread. Are you sure it's even a bat? I'm wondering if it may be a cockamouse. They're furry and can fly. Did it have antenna?

Attached Files:

20. seroj

seroj Well-Known Member

I had a colony move into my chimney. Every now and then one would find it's way into the house. I got to be a pretty damn good bat catcher. I would take a window screen and knock em on the ground then put the screen on top of em. Pick em up with a towel and heave ho outdoors. I think they're pretty cool, but got sick of chasing em around the house. Tried to blast em out by dropping fireworks in the chimney - stupid idea. Finally capped the chimney and they were forced to come in the house. Caught and released about 20 of them before it was all said and done.