1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official 2019 MotoAmerica silly season thread.

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No one has stated 100% for sure in public what is going on. My take is Yamaha Factory itself directly running a team is done. Graves will take over the Superbike program. I can't see Chuck totally being out of 600 stuff so I'd guess he'll support other teams or riders but not run an entire semi and team with two riders.

2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Ok. I thought there's no way I missed THAT announcement. Thanks

3. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Aren't half (or more) of the damn bikes on the 600 SuperSport grid R6's with some level of Graves support?

Newyork likes this.
  5. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Graves was the support team for yamaha.

Factory Yamaha is superbike and will remain.

Graves isnt done from what I am hearing..... Possibly a new color. Im excited to hear.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dude, you think Graves paid them or did it for free?
    Got cash? Then you got Graves support.

418 likes this.
  7. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

Not sure where I remember reading it but I thought I read they are going green?

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The asphalt and onions story said Suzuki but that makes no sense. Suzuki doesn't need them but the green bikes do.

9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Don't care. Who is riding for Yosh? Literally the only relevant question in here.

TLR67, turbulence and stk0308 like this.
  10. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

That'll be a reason for Tom Sykes to come over :clap:

gt#179 likes this.
  11. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I think he pretty much torched any bridges to Kawi toward the end of this year.

12. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Karel Abraham.

13. G 97

G 97 Garth

Hmmm. The more things change, the more they stay the same. Yamaha has always seemed to be in a perpetual cycle of managing their race team in house, then outsourcing to third party then back in house or somewhere in between. Most recent, I This has all been played out before in AMA pro racing when Ben Bostrom was with them.

Going to be interesting to see who Graves hooks up with. Suzuki doesn’t seem to make sense given Suzuki’s current relationships, unless they are planning to double their current level of support/investment.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I have also heard that RBOM is buying a semi and going full pro with Yamaha and/or Graves backing.

I do like the silly season :D

15. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Well, he can certainly afford to pay for it.....wouldn't be the first time Yosh filled a seat that way

[​IMG]

16. G 97

G 97 Garth

I’m just going to quote this. :D

17. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I thought I heard in one of the broadcasts that the SBK program was staying in house.

18. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

there are so many rumors about Yosh and Graves that I don't even know what to think anymore. im fearing that Graves will not have a rig and team next year.

if u are a local, sure. but its almost double if u need to add gas, flights, and hotels to do rounds on the other side of the country. Im in CA and spent ~$5000 for Barber, including flying in only 1 crew and paying for their room and food. someone from AL trying to run Sonoma would run about the same.

backbone and 5axis like this.
  19. G 97

G 97 Garth

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

My next one was much more quoteworthy :crackup:

I'll get some more rumors over the weekend while I'm in Vegas :D

G 97 likes this.