1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official 2019 MotoAmerica silly season thread.

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 24, 2018.

1. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Anyone else having trouble getting the RRW website to pull up?

r6boater likes this.
  2. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Doesn't work here either

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

a little slow but comes up.

4. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Not working for me at he moment.

5. Skter505

Skter505 Well-Known Member

Actually I believe there is something in the rules prohibiting it. I don't remember exact details but might be about scoring any previous superbike points.

6. 418

418 Expert #59

7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Dunlop still doesn't have that new 200/60 rear slick they made spec mid-season available on their website yet. Wonder when that'll happen?

8. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

Curious what does it cost to run in ss600 for a year?

9. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

10. Pitdad42

Pitdad42 Well-Known Member

About $2800 a round with volunteer crew.

ajcjr and 418 like this.
  11. khill

khill Well-Known Member

Correct and is the rider coach.....

Lot's of things in motion for 2019, but nothing can really happen until the Yosh ride is set and many budgets hinge on that. (And other SB rides)

Ken

G 97, stk0308, Hoffman900 and 2 others like this.
  12. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Might be a silly question, but how does the Yosh seat effect other budgets? Sorry I just enjoy learning and seeing how everything works behind the stage.

13. D-Swens

D-Swens sniffin paint fumes

Like ANY professional sport, or really any industry, Payment for everyone hinges off of what the biggest dogs sign for.

Think of MLB or NFL... half of the teams are always waiting to see what player X signs for in his new contract, as the high-mark, and then everyone else negotiates for a percentage of that, based on how they compare their value as an employee to player X. Works like that in many non-sports related professions too.

* Also, depending on how much a rider needs to get paid, that is coming out of an overall / total budget.

Factory teams still offer help / support, however small, to many other riders/teams. They have to set their own budget, before they can even offer peanuts to support other riders ( and these days many teams are living off of a collective handful of peanuts from many different places)

*** Just my $0.02

14. nk140

nk140 Well-Known Member

15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It’s not even that complicated. EVERYONE wants that seat, so it has to be filled before any of the other teams or riders commit.

16. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

That doesn't explain how it impacts team's BUDGETS, which was the question at hand. That is not that direct. Lots of possible reasons for changes in budgets that can't be sorted until the riders get sorted:

Sponsor X will pay more if you have Josh Hayes on the bike.
    Sponsor Y will pay more if you have an international rider on the bike.
    Sponsor Z will take his money and go home if Robbie Bobby is on the team and takes another one of "those" pictures.:D

So who fills the seat will impact what the budget will be.

Also add in how much the rider can command in salary or bring in personal sponsors can also impact the team budget. Or if the rider is willing to double as the driver for the hauler or perhaps do some of the cooking.

17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

That's not how I read it. I read it as "nobody wants to sign until X sets the salary bar by signing at Yosh". So if Toni gets $1mil to ride for Yosh, rider X on brand Y is half the rider and half the bike so he gets $250k (I know the numbers are crazy, just trying to make a point).

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think it's a combo of both theories. Each team has their own reasoning.

20. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I'm embarrassed to ask, but is Graves leaving completely, or just the 600's? And the op says Factory Yamaha, is that still Graves, or no?