1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official 2016 GNF thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Oct 16, 2016.

1. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

like is

I believe we had this convo prior to. As much as I LOVE racing many bikes, I feel as though it has always made me slower as a result (as if my ass can get any slower) Buuuuuttt .. you should stick with the R6 and sell me the 675 super cheap :D

Did you ever race the 675 last weekend? I was going to go talk to you but I saw the DNF's and could tell the overall frustration and know that when I am pissed the last thing I like is having people come as me what is wrong.

Ur a fast rider, esp on the R6. But let me ask you, did you run as fast on the R6 as you have on it prior to this GNF? If not, then I think you have your answer on what you should do.

I LOVE my 675 but am dealing with confidence issues right now.

2. Nope, I didn't go my normal pace on the R6. I struggled and was 2 seconds off the pace I have/can run pretty much all weekend.

I was battling a bad cold and sinus infection the whole time, never slept and felt like shit. But that is really no excuse, I should have went faster.

My shitty (for the most part) performance at the GNF is what led to me thinking about changing things up, simplifying things, and focusing on just 1 bike.

cajun636 likes this.
  3. That is somethingI have considered also. Your R1 is badass and I know they are great bikes.

The only problem is they are only legal for 3 classes, and that is only if you keep them stock (which I hate doing and never do). Once you go SB they are only legal for 2 classes.

I want to reduce my number of classes a little and simplify things, but that is taking it too far. I would never be happy doing all of the prep, training, traveling, setup, etc...only to do 2 races.

I do love the R1 though....

4. It is a little of both.

I LOVE racing different bikes. In my relatively brief racing "career" I think I've raced something like 11 or 12 different bikes. I've prided myself on being able to immediately jump on anything and be quick on it. Twins, Triples, V4, I4, various 600s, Liter bikes, and sizes in between...usually swapping back and forth in the same day.

But I've never spent a season riding just ONE bike and focusing all of my time and energy on seeing just how fast I can go on one machine. I think I want to try that.

5. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

675 it is then!!!

But really that was what I thought. I figured that had something to do with it. And jumping from one bike to the other, is hard to do. Especially when you are trying to be at the pointy end.

Or hell, find a STT weekend, go out on day or two days on the R6, then one or two days on the Pani. But that may not work because it is not an actual race.

The 1000's have more potential to get faster on, but are also more difficult to ride. All of this you know though lol.

Gorilla George likes this.
  6. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I just counted, I've raced 14 different bikes lol All of them different. And like you, never, with the exception of my F3, the same one and only one for a whole season. But that season I went my fastest.

BigBird likes this.
  7. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Shhh ... do you have any idea the amount of entry fees you're forfeiting by encouraging this? Destroying road racing shouldn't start with your own organization. :Poke:

Boman Forklift likes this.
  8. sowega

sowega #710

....Since when can you count, gumbo?

cajun636 likes this.
  9. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Y'all damn candy-asses talking about different bikes.

It takes maybe a half a warm up lap to get my bearings.

Sometimes I've been back to back to back on 3 different bikes.

The best was mid Ohio Way back when I was in shape and training (165lbs) I rode my Daytona, my Thruxton, my supermoto and got a call to ride a Norton for Herb Becker. No big deal until you realize that it's vintage British and it's gp shift with the right foot:)

Then we hauled ass to the half mile at Ashland Ohio and I rode my triumph which shifts and has rear brake on right side then rode a vintage dirt tracker that shifted in right side with zero brakes.

So y'all hush up

Bobby_Evans, JBall and cajun636 like this.
  10. sowega

sowega #710

How far can you throw that football, Uncle Rico?

11. Filterboy

Filterboy Well-Known Member

Uncle Rico: Back in '82, I used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter mile.
    Kip: Are you serious?
    Uncle Rico: I'm dead serious.

12. I have been racing multiple bikes since I first started and have done pretty well doing so. There were 4-5 times this year when I won or Podiumed on the R6, then came into Hot Pit, jumped on the Panigale and won or Podiumed on it. So it isn't that I can't do it, I just want to try something different. I have never concentrated all of my time and effort on just one bike to try and see how fast I can go. I think I want to give it a try.

If I do it and I don't see a drastic improvement compared to racing multiple bikes, then I can always get more bikes and go back to racing all of them. It isn't like a permanent thing. I can change my mind at any time.

13. Filterboy

That's great and all but the real question is who would you recommend I take my R3 to for normal engine maintenance and repairs?

14. www.livengoodmotorsports.com

He has been working on/tuning R3s all year.

Bobby_Evans likes this.
  15. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

If you want the most power possible there is a R3 tuner on this thread.... :D

Cam Morehead and Boman Forklift like this.
  16. Filterboy

:crackup:

17. Filterboy

Well, I need a valve job and I also think I blew a head gasket. Can he handle that? This will be a WERA FSS bike.

18. Yeah, he can handle that. :)

19. Filterboy

Wait, I'm sorry I have a lot of bikes like you. It is a Ninja 250 that blew the head gasket. It also has a lot of track miles so it will need a valve job and everything looked at. Can Livengood get that ready for FSS?
    My R3 is going to ESS.

20. He can do all of that on any bike. He builds and services everything from Vintage bikes to modern Superbikes to 300+HP Drag bikes.