1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official 2016 GNF thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Let's try this again now that the snorkel stuff is settled and it is closer to the event. Perhaps it can stay somewhat on track.

The forecast is looking absolutely perfect. It is even more promising because it looks perfect 2 days before and after the GNF (instead of there being a huge storm front the day before or after that could speed up or slow down and fall on the weekend).

2. We are already here, staged in Lot G. For those that want to do that, you'll need to speak to the dude at the guard shack, he has a form you have to fill out.

There were 5 trailers already here, but they were parked different than how we did it in years past. Before we would always line up down the tree line, then start a second row going back, then a 3rd row, so on and so forth.

But this year people have staged beside each other. So people will have to line up across making one row, then start a second row behind them, so on and so forth. Which means to be fair people will have to enter the track across the front, then start on the 2nd row going across, etc.

(Instead of starting with everyone down the tree line going back, like before)

3. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Trailer loaded. Kurt heads south Wednesday with the rig and I pop smoke on Friday!

Looking forward to it.

4. Me too. It is close enough to GNF time that I've entered the "no sleep" zone. I'm already too excited. I will turn 67,935 laps in my head over the next 3 days. I'm sitting here right now with adrenaline going crazy and it isn't even Monday yet.

noles19 likes this.
  5. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

You down there for the stt day? I saw someone post on Facebook about a 5 bike crash caused by a bike putting oil down in 9?

6. joec

joec brace yourself

I'm surprised you didn't just pack up and go home when you saw the disorganized mess. Lol

slowzx6 and rk97 like this.
  7. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

I left my trailer in Lot G after the AHRMA weekend. Hopefully, it is still there and intact. I will be there sometime Wednesday afternoon. :cool:

8. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Trailer is loaded, grocery shopping is done, just need to pack clothes and load cooler. Be down there Wednesday to work tech.

9. Yes, and I was one of them. I was coaching in Advanced and all 5 of us were riding in a line when the guy in front lost his motor on the exit of the high speed chicane after the museum.

Only the 3rd time I had ridden the new 675, and it went down. :mad:

I was coming up on the chicane. I saw his bike flying through the gravel, then the bike behind him went down. I was already in the chicane and as soon as I turned to make the right I went down. Then 2 more guys behind me went down. As I was sliding I had to drag my boot to try and pivot my body so I didn't get taken out by bikes and dudes sliding behind me. Then I jumped up and got out of the way as soon as I could because I knew if anyone else came through there, they were going down also.

There was nothing any of us could do about it. I couldn't even see the oil on the track, and I assume the guys behind me couldn't either. Luckily there was a big gap back to the next group of riders.

10. joec

joec brace yourself

Danged man. Glad you're ok. I was thinking about the time I crashed on oil over this weekend, and how it just instantly went away. One second fine, next second "hello corner worker!"

Boman Forklift likes this.
  11. noles19

Damn that sucks man! how was the triumph before that though?

12. Yeah, I'm alright. Neck and back are sore as shit, will probably be worse in the morning. But ill grid up at the GNF.

The bike came out relatively ok. It just sucks because i just got it a few days ago and haven't gotten any spares. It needs (meaning before it can be ridden) a right side rearset. Everything else is cosmetic. It will need a new Upper (or at least repair/repaint), but that won't happen before the GNF. The exhaust can is dented and looks like shit, it will be replaced. Other than that, it just needs a new brake lever guard and brake lever.

Ive already sent an email to STG to get them to overnight the parts to Livengood so he can bring them with him. Ill just have to deal with the bodywork as it is.

I'm glad I was on it though. I mean, it sucks crashing a new bike, but at the end of the day it is the backup bike. If I would have been on the 1299S or R6 I would have been mad as hell.

Before that happened, the 675 was great. I have always clicked with them.

BigBird, Boman Forklift and joec like this.
  13. noles19

Glad you're relatively okay dude.

Gorilla George likes this.
  14. Tonyp425

Tonyp425 Well-Known Member

In for F2/lwtsb/lwtss

15. caferace

caferace No.

They should just throw a green flag and stand back.
    You know that's going to drive you nuts, right? :D

-jim

16. Going to have to miss it this year. Been in the UK for 2 weeks plus so getting home Thursday then heading straight from the airport to the track may not be so good for the marriage considering the wife leaves for Germany Saturday. I got my fix at Thruxton and Brands but unfortunately I did not see one 3' screwdriver and no one protested the entire field that was in front of them.

caferace likes this.
  17. Oh I know. I might not take it out of the trailer.

BigBird likes this.
  18. drop

drop Well-Known Member

I was working crash truck, when they came across the radio, ambulance one, ambulance two, crash truck, and fire truck to that crash. The let us out on track with bikes still going. I got there and it was wild looking. Bikes EVERYWHERE.

RedReplicant and lostinbama like this.
  19. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Paging Metalhead ... Bring your bucket of Bondo to the GNF .. And your cans of International Harvester Red . Forget the Anarcist theme .... Dig out some of your old ABBA stickers , Chris might like that better :D:crackup:

20. It was insane because we were all riding in a group. Once the first bike dumped oil, that was it...we were all going down. If there wouldnt have been that gap back to the next group, it could have realistically been 20 bikes scattered through the gravel.

There were bikes everywhere, it took me a couple of minutes to find mine. I almost picked up the wrong one.