1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official 2016 GNF thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Is it less than $2K and can I run a full season on one set of tires?

2. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

You have to be a crazy fool to ride dem bike bikes. You guys take that shit entirely to serious :D

V5 Racer and roy826ex like this.
  3. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Sir I been called way worse riding it, thank you for being nice :D

SmokeSignalRT likes this.
  4. roy826ex

Just for you Add $6K more to that and I'll hook you up with five rear Michelin 200 slicks with 1 race on them that'll get you through for a little while :cool:

5. I've almost decided (about 80% sure) that I'm going to go a different direction for next year. Well, maybe not a different direction, more like a different approach.

I think I'm going to clean house and get rid of all my bikes, then start fresh with 2 new R6's when they come out. One primary and one backup.

I'll drop from 7 races a day on 3 different bikes, down to 3-4 races on just one bike. I want to see if that helps me improve and get faster.

dsmitty37, ekraft84, 418 and 3 others like this.
  6. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Focusing on one bike has definitely helped me.

Gorilla George likes this.
  7. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Can I have the crashed parts off the 675?

8. The only things that got messed up were the lever, brake guard, and rearset. All of those things have been replaced.

It was just a simple lowside after going through that dudes oil, the bike didn't tumble or anything. Gas tank didn't even touch the ground.

9. roy826ex

I'm a one bike OLD wonder :D

Got shit that says so......anyways

10. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

As in everclear?

roy826ex likes this.
  11. CarrMoto

CarrMoto Well-Known Member

Yes it will. :)

12. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

how many pages will that thread be when @Metalhead enters it in D & F SS?? :D

roy826ex likes this.
  13. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I'm catching up on this thread, but after reading this far, I agree. I initially thought FF was trolling, but after he spelled it out, via the rule book, I can see where the $500 I just threw down to protest his decked head and 23 angle valve job, could be considered normal maintenance and I would loose my protest money.

You can't...you are the self proclaimed fastest stock bike racer, not modified bike racer.:D

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
    Filterboy likes this.
  14. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Initially the experience was awesome when he was riding a bunch of different bikes, but it helped Tyler when we started focusing on just one bike.

I don't remember who it was, but when you were building the Ducati, someone mentioned they would buy it at the end of the year when you changed bikes, maybe they were serious. Good Luck

Gorilla George likes this.
  15. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

I'm tempted to run to the calendar and confirm this isn't April 1st.
    That, or this is the ultimate trolling mission.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  16. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

You're doing something right when just floating the idea that you will be getting new bikes next year causes guys to salivate and start digging in the couches for money to buy your old ones.

17. :D

It is just because buying used bikes is always somewhat of a gamble, but people know mine will have really good parts and have been meticulously maintained by one of the best mechanics in the country. I don't race crappy bikes, and I won't sell anything to anyone else that I wouldn't race myself.

18. That is where the other 20% is coming from, I don't want to get rid of the Duc. We made great progress this year and learned a lot about what that bike likes and needs. I even set a PB at Talladega (really short track), going faster on the Duc than I did on the R6.

Part of me is thinking about having 2 Panigale's rather than 2 R6's, only because I love that bike. But I really love the big grids and the apeshitted competition of the C and B classes. I have always raced 2 different bikes, even as a Novice when I raced a ZX6R and an R1. So I want to try focusing on just 1 bike and see what happens. I love the Duc and want to race it, but I want to keep racing in the C and B classes. That is why I am torn and still trying to decide what I want to do.

Livengood wants me to stick with the Yamaha. He has much more experience with them and likes them better. The Panigale is a huge pain in the dick to mess with. Even just trying to adjust the height of the shift lever takes 40min and requires taking all kinds of shit apart. And God forbid you have to do anything under the gas tank during a race weekend.

So for the sake of simplicity, keeping Livengood happy, and being able to stay in the C/B classes, the R6 makes more sense. But pure emotion makes me want to keep the 1299S just because that bike is so badass and so much fun to race. I know if I get rid of it, I will regret it, regardless of how smart the decision is.

Phl218 likes this.
  19. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Put it in storage, the badass and much fun will still be there when you bring it back into service.

BigBird likes this.
  20. Could do that. I could also use it for coaching to keep miles down on race bikes. But I can use the RSV4 for that.