1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odd-Ball Picture of the Day

Discussion in 'General' started by bitchcakes, Sep 27, 2014.

1. No. Sweet fruit does not belong on pizza.

TSAVO5150 likes this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sweet and savory ALWAYS go together.

If sweet fruit doesn't belong on pizza then you'd never have pizza sauce to start with....

condon66, Scotty87 and 969 like this.
  3. Well, tomatoes used for pizza sauce aren’t really sweet, unless you add sugar...

4. BigBird

BigBird blah

why does that dog look like it's wearing a mask?
    and the look of also judging your hedge at the same time

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Depends on the tomato. The San Marzanos I use for most sauces I make seem to be pretty sweet to me without any sugar added although occasionally I'll toss in some carrot if I feel like peeling and shredding one.

6. All fruit has fructose content, but even “sweet” tomatoes have low amounts of fructose compared to pineapple.

Carrots contain sucrose, so it’s the same as adding sugar :)

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

As I said, sometimes. Just as sometimes I put pineapple on pizza :D

BigBird likes this.
  8. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Pizza has some very simple rules. No Fish, No Fruit and No Chicken. And don't give me any BS about tomatoes being fruit, that is only a technicality as they act like a vegetable and I regard them as such. It is kind of like the gender identity issue and tomatoes self identify as veggie not fruit, they made the choice and I respect that.

Motofun352 and worthless like this.
  9. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I do. And pretty much every store bought sauce has it too.

10. Yeah, I know. The standard approach to baking/cooking in the US is to add sugar to everything,

Diabeetus, anyone? :)

11. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Shaddup Commie... I don't have the Diabeetus nor am I overweight.

Don't mistake my comments as a defense of pineapple on pizza... I'm not a fan either.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Anchovy is a pretty standard topping. Not even in the same universe as pineapple.

masshole likes this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Salty goes well with sweet :D

14. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Anchovies are nasty little fishes and don't belong on pizza. Just because it is a standard practice, that doesn't make it right. I will tolerate anchovies in a Caesar salad, as they have to be there.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think they're just int he dressing aren't they? Wouldn't like them whole in the salad.

That reminds me, I need to get some sardines and some creamed herring. Yum.

16. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

17. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

No no no...

18. 33% agreed. Tuna is a popular pizza topping here. I've found that when it is balanced with hot peppers, it's pretty good. But hot peppers are definitely fruit :D

19. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

20. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Caesars