1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noise Cancelling Headphones

Discussion in 'General' started by Paige, Mar 21, 2018.

1. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

Tell HR he is trying to look down your shirt every time you make a phone call.

Tell them he tries to hide his pervy actions by creating a distracting noise.

There......saved you $100! :D

Paige likes this.
  2. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

I was given the new Bose QC 35’s and they are great . I do like the in ear noise canceling ones though cause I can sleep in them on the plane better but I gave them to the wife.

My Sennheisers won’t ever see the light of Day again

tawzx12r likes this.
  3. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Another vote for Bose. I also have the QC35. Go spend the 300 bucks and you'll be glad you did within the first hour.

I know they are out of your budget but if your wearing them daily no reason to skimp. Not like we are going from a hundred bucks to a thousand.

4. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

I recently got the Bose QC35 which are wireless over-the-ear headphones. They are by far the best and most amazing headphones I've ever used!! I'm still impressed with them every time I push that little ON button. I get a giggle out of it every time cuz they work so damn well! But they are $350 though.

With that said, I really don't think it's gonna help you the way you think it will. You have to understand how noise-cancelling headphones work. They're not ear muffs that block sound waves from going into your ears. On the contrary, they actually mask those sound waves with inverted sound waves that closely match the background noise. This would be a lot easier to explain if I had something to sketch on, but here's a basic illustration below. When someone talks, that would show as a spike in the sound wave, because it's a higher level/amplitude than the background noise. So that means you'll still hear people talking. In fact with the background noise being canceled out, you're more likely to hear people that sit even farther from you talking. I use mine a lot on flights when I travel, and as you probably know planes are fuckin loud even inside. All the air moving through, the sound from the engines, etc. The headphones do a really good job at canceling that out so when I have them on, I can hear people talking way in the back or front of the plane whereas with them off I wouldn't be able to hear them as well.

So if what's annoying you is people talking, then noise-cancelling headphones are not what you need. What you need is ear muffs...like the good shit that loggers who use chainsaws everyday use lol Of course the headphones will work fine if you plan on blasting music through them but for that you don't really need noise-cancelling ones, any decent headphones will do.

[​IMG]

Rebel635 likes this.
  5. speedkelly

speedkelly Well-Known Member

You have me deepest sympathy, got to be tough working in that environment. Hopefully you can prove to your employer that you can be more productive working from a home office? Good luck, don't ask don't get.

Paige likes this.
  6. mike-guy

mike-guy Well-Known Member

Just turn it up to 11

7. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

If I have my headphones on I have music or a podcast playing. I have some cheap $35 right now so I have to turn the volume way up to drown out my neighbor. I am never on the phone so it is unfortunate I sit next to someone who is always on the phone. I sometimes don’t speak to anyone all day long with the type of job I have. Those are my favorite days :crackup:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Lucky you. I somehow managed to get into a job where I've talked more on the phone in the last month than I had in the 7+ years at my old job, and I hate talking on the phone. I definitely did not see that coming when I signed up for this lol

9. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Just put a little strychnine in his coffee every day, he'll either get fired for being out sick too much or kick the bucket.

10. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Betta get them beets by dre....

1104501844936994.jpg

11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Do the over the ear ones make your ears sweat?

12. I’ve not had an issue and I’m a guy who wears a t shirt on 65 degree days.

13. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Bose are really the bomb! Last flight we were on had a screaming baby about two rows behind us. I slept for two hours and when we got off the flight all my wife did was complain that she couldn't sleep because of the poor baby.

14. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Ahh, does that mean it’s hot outside or is it cold outside? o_O

15. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Do ears even sweat?

16. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

They dont really sweat, but they do get nice and cozy. It is actually nice in the winter

17. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

It's 9:20am and I can't turn my music up enough to drown him out. I will get a headache from the loud music, so I can't decide what's better.

Do you guys think the bose will block out his talking and I won't have to have the music up so loud?

18. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

B uy
    O ther
    S ound
    E quipment

No highs, no lows............Bose

Better sound through marketing

Friends don't let friends buy Bose

:crackup::clap::flag::bow::blart::moon::Poke::rock:

19. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Foam earplugs ... I think they cost .50 cents per 1000. :D

kangasj, BigBird and Paige like this.
  20. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

Like everyone else has said, there is Bose and then there is everything else. Save up for the good ones.