1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noise Cancelling Headphones

Discussion in 'General' started by Paige, Mar 21, 2018.

1. skee

skee # 358

cha0s#242 likes this.
  2. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Day 1 and I know my purchase of the Bose QC 35 2 has already been justified. I can still hear his voice, but its very muted and distance. So much better than before.

JJJerry, badmoon692008 and BigBird like this.
  3. BigBird

BigBird blah

and once you flow music through it, it's like no one's there.

Glad to hear that it's working out. What's also cool, is that you don't realize how loud the AC and stuff is until you put on the Noise Canceling

Brian_J and Paige like this.
  4. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

You are spot on. Amazing so far!

BigBird likes this.
  5. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

I think if these things cost twice the amount I would buy them again. He's over there talking and I don't hear anything with my music on.

badmoon692008 and BigBird like this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Told ya so :D

Paige likes this.
  7. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Has anyone purchased the new Bose Quiet Comfort 700's? Just checking to see how they compared to the field or the Bose QC 35's.

Any updated recommendations on wireless noise-canceling headphones?

8. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Bose all the way. But I don’t like the idea of Alexa in the new ones. I love me some Amazon but I don’t need them everywhere in my life.

9. DrA5

That's kind of how I feel. If they had a non-Alexa version, I would be all over it.

10. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

I have QC 25 and added a bluetooth plug in to it. Now I dont have to use the cord. Waaayyyy chepaer than new QC35's

11. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

12. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Anybody try the new Airpods Pro? I know they aren't headphones but the reviews have been positive. I had problems with the originals falling out all the time and these are apparently better at staying in.

13. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

They're pretty impressive, especially considering how small they are. I didn't have the originals so I can't compare the two. I don't have an issue with them staying in. For the price point I feel like they're a really good value. I mainly bought them just to see if they really live up to the hype and had planned on returning them but probably won't at this point.

14. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

dobr24 likes this.
  15. Phl218

Phl218 .

audiophile friend of mine uses them in his shop and says he can't even hear when he's turning on the bigass band saw. says they stay put and noise cancelling is stellar. sound quality is a bit worse (bass) than the previous gen he says, but that's a small price to pay.

dobr24 likes this.
  16. DrA5

I have the (wired) prior generation of these for lawnmowing. But since every time I turn, and I turn a lot on a tree filled, pie shaped property, the radio stations go staticky. Even stations that are 18miles from where I live. I tried listening to podcasts, but had to go wired. Ripped them right off my head more often than not with the cord snagging pine trees, etc. So, this may be what I get for mowing and do a Bose set up for flying.

17. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I use mine for mowing and trimming, and they're awesome. Prior to this I had cheaper wired ones (am/fm, headphone jack), then I bought a bluetooth to 3.5mm adaptor, then finally the 3m. Should have bought these right from the start. I'm too cheap to buy a second set for work, so during the summer they stay at home, and I use cheap over the ear headphones at work. I bring them in when mowing season stops and bitchy coworker season begins lol. They're worth it :).

DrA5 likes this.
  18. DrA5

Any Sony WH-1000XM3 owners want to chime in on a review of your headphones?

19. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

My kid bought these and I tried them.... I thought they were total crap. Another friend bough them and is returning them. My Bose blow these away, I don't get the love. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

20. Phl218

Phl218 .

i have no horse in that race, just looked up his post and this is what he wrote. i think he's Damian Jigalovs uncle... he knows a bit about this stuff, since he scores high in car audio competitions and runs his own shop (12v electronics) up in IL

First part of the review:

When you buy them on the Best Buy website and it locks up when you hit process order, don’t try to put in another order even though you don’t get an order confirmation. And then don’t reorder them a week later thinking that the other 2 orders didn’t go through. Because 10 minutes later UPS will show up with a box with 2 of them in it. And according to the back order status of the order you placed 10 minutes before you will be receiving another set in just over a month.

Now for the meat and potatoes of the review:

They arrived with about 60% charge on them. I used them in the wood shop for about 4 hours before they ran out of juice. That is the downside, but on par or maybe even better than the last generation.

Sound quality is good. They seem to have a bit less bass than the last models at least before the old ones got loose in your ear which they constantly did in my ears. The Pros did not move for the 4 ish hours I used them today. I never had to adjust them once. The tonality is fairly neutral and I like them for functional earbuds. Not reference material by any means, but very good for everyday use.

Functionality- definitely an upgrade over the last model. You can play, pause, track up, down all by squeezing either of the earpieces. Squeeze and hold turns the active noise cancellation on/off. Which brings me to my favorite part.

Active noise cancellation-I really didn’t think it was working. In my quiet office it seemed to quiet the room noise down a little. But nothing much. I could not really hear the weird anti-noise sound that most of my other noise cancellation headphones do. I really thought it was a gimmick and figured it wouldn’t work on an airplane as well as my others like the Bose that I usually use. That is until I went into the wood shop where I use them most. I turned on my 5hp dust collector and couldn’t tell that it was on over some light background music. I actually turned it on and off a few times by accident thinking that it was not on. When I muted the music I could hear a slight motor noise but not the WAKE UP THE DEAD howl that it makes without good earplugs. I usually use a set of Bose QC3’s in the shop and I think these are quieter.

I obviously haven’t tried them on an airplane yet, but if they can survive the dust collector test I’m sure they will do fine.

So far I’m really happy. My only gripe is with battery life so far. And that goes for all of the previous models. The new charging case extends the life to 24 hours but they won’t charge unless they are in the case.

I just thought I’d share in case anyone is interested. I use noise cancellation daily in the shop. It allows me to stay sane and connected to incoming calls etc while I’m a noisy environment. So far these work really well for me. The old generation was just for convenience. They had no purpose in a noisy environment.