1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Death Penalty for Sniper....

Discussion in 'General' started by ZebProctor, Oct 24, 2002.

1. GStar

GStar Dark Helmet

Booooooooo!!!!! Booooooooooo!!!

Booo!!!!! Boo!!!! Go hug some tree's Booooooo!!!!
    Booooo!!
    Boooooooooo!!!!! Booooo!!!!

Boooooooo!!!

2. mreish

mreish Junior Human Stink Beast

Wow! I can't agree more!

We should show these two f*cking cowardice morons how wrong killing is by sentencing them to death!

Uh... anyone else see a consistency problem with that line of thinking?

3. GStar

GStar Dark Helmet

:Puke:

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Never said anything about showing these two trash holes that killing is wrong. I'd bet they'd realise that the moment the first rocks hits them. I said an eye for an eye.

5. Due North

Due North Source of Insanity

Amen!!!

By the way, what was that quote, "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Who said that, anyway?

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Wasn't me Due! ;) I said "throw the F'in rock, but aim for his groin".

(***spoiler!!!! good point there Due. spoiler***)

7. GStar

GStar Dark Helmet

:D lol

now thats funny :D

8. 1slowguy

1slowguy Well-Known Member

Hell even stoning them to death is still too respectfull... At least they get to see who is killing them....

9. eurobiketrash

eurobiketrash Well-Known Member

Onward Christian Soldiers marching as to war........:rolleyes:

10. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Isn't that what democracy is, Hux? Mob rule? That's like 3 wolves and 2 sheep deciding on what's for dinner. Your hero, Al Gore, kept talking about our nation, a democracy. It is not. It is a Constitutional Republic. This would be like a list of laws prohibiting the wolves from devourering the sheep, and a very well-armed sheep population!

Btw, I think these guys, along with every other murderer & rapist, should be thrown into a pool of hungry alligators on national TV. Wouldn't that be a deterrent to committing these crimes? I don't know of anyone who isn't afraid of alligators, except that Aussie nut on Discovery channel!

11. Due North

This argument would be more convincing if the justice system wasn't a such a joke. As far as I'm concern there is no component not suffering from endemic corruption.

For the life of me, I will never understand how you can trust a government to decide who should live and who should die, when you can't trust them to collect your taxes fairly.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Okay, don't like the religious connection of stoning (although none was meant). How about darts? Get the bull's-eye and win a cuppie doll. Woodchucks? How many woodchucks can Dave K chuck if he could Chuck a woodchuck? Disposable diapers? Death by disposable diaper pummeling! Hootersgirl wet T shirt boobie pummeling. Nah, too good for these trashbags. Mashed potatoes? With a side or gravey, your choice!

13. bigmikey

bigmikey Member

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Barry Hershey

Now go back and read this thread again, the hatred and bloodlust in some of those posts almost makes me ashamed to live in country that calls itself civilized.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm with you on this...not that it matters since the mob generally rules."

Cool, we'll send you the bill for keeping these two jokers alive the next 50 to 70 years. Not only did they kill 11 people but they took these people, who were all functional parts of society (something that is already lacking - i.e. stupid ass kids who beat that guy to death in Detroit) but they also took away a piece of the victims families. Think about the long-term suffering that the relatives and friends of the victims have to endure here. Now, where in this do you see these two have any rights to continue living?
    Before you answer this, picture your wife, presumably the woman you want to share the rest of your life with, and whom your dreams and plans revolve around, having her head blown off while holding your hand walking into a restaurant.

14. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Man, that really puts it in perspective. Imagine also, if you are a parent, letting your precious child out of the car to go to school, and seeing his or her life snuffed out by this duo's bullet. No amount of punishment fits the crime of murder, IMHO. The pain these families are feeling will last longer than the time these two guys sit in jail.

15. Due North

Killing is killing.

As far as I am concerned, having the government do it under the guise of 'Justice' does not give it any legitimacy.

16. thuxley

thuxley Well-Known Member

Yeah, I probably shouldn't have used 'mob rules' since that phrase is such a hot-button for some folks who equate democracy with 'mobocracy'.

I really was thinking more about how weak the rule of law seems compared to the power of an angry mob that craves violent revenge.

I wouldn't make any assumptions about who my heros are. You were wrong on this one.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Bigmikey:
    Well said.

18. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Sorry. It was an unfair assumption. My apologies.

19. thuxley

thuxley Well-Known Member

Are you arguing that anyone who is opposed to the death penalty doesn't care about victims?

Are you also arguing that a punishment system should primarily be the cheapest one?

20. SpongeBob WeaselPants

SpongeBob WeaselPants Bohemian Ass-Clown

This thread went from f^ck the sniper to a death penalty argument?

Execution is an emotional subject and most people (for AND against) are grossly misinformed. For example, in most states the costs associated with navigating the current system of appeals far exceeds that of life-without-parole... so the economic argument is baseless. On the other hand, if your child was wrongly convicted you’d probably be appreciate the drawn-out system.

I’ve got three years of dissertation research stacked on my shelves and if I dig around enuf I can dispute anybody’s claims from either side. Bring it on... [​IMG]