1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No 125 in nationals anymore???

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by LAR, Nov 20, 2003.

1. LAR

LAR Well-Known Member

Say it ain't so! :mad:

2. Mary#17

Mary#17 What member?

Where did you hear that? Although I wouldn't be suprised if that were true.

Mary

3. LAR

LAR Well-Known Member

Mongo posted it amidst another thread on the board. :(

Yea, I know we can run F2, but that just isn't the same.

4. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

It's probably because the largest national grid for 125s last year was like 10 or 11. :(

Hopefully more 125s will start showing at regionals and maybe build the national class up again.

5. LAR

LAR Well-Known Member

That's 10 or 11 more than without the class. :D

A lot more 125s are around, and I definitely think that there will be more at regionals, but at regionals it doesn't matter how big the grids are because it's combined with clubman.

National weekends are so much more fun than regional weekends to race in because you get to see the endurance and all that other good stuff.

I guess it's just frustrating because two-strokes are a dying breed and eliminating that class makes it more so. :(

6. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Taken from the results from last year:

Jennings - 6 (1 DNS) - so 5 on track during race
    CMP - 4
    Nashville - 4
    Cycle Jam - 7 (1 DNS) - 6 on track during race
    Talladega - 8
    Grattan - 6 (2 DNS) - 4 on track during race
    Summit - 5
    Hallet 8 (3 DNS) - 5 on track during race
    Barber - 11
    GNF - 11

Based on the turnout I can see why it's done away with. No money made at all i'm sure.

7. Racer48

Racer48 Man Whore- He Bitch!

Dang LAR that hurts to see this! I was all excited I had decided to register with wera again.

REFUND WHAT!? I should have known better!

8. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Just remember, you will still have your class to race at the regionals.

9. LAR

LAR Well-Known Member

I agree...I was excited too. Not anymore, I tell ya. :down:

10. Roach

Roach Yamaha Catapult Tester

I guess we'll be tossing out all the novice classes as well then? Is is a national series, after all. If you add the numbers up for the various novice classes, and average things out for the year, you'll see there's not a lot of difference on a per-event average.

If you toss out Barber (Which was a novelty this year), LW Twins Novice has the same number of entries on average.

If WERA wants to toss 125gp, that's their call - we can obviously race in their regional series, and in other National and regional series.

- Roach

11. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Hey, i'm just guessing. :( I like the 125 class....and was a definate decision made on this??

12. Roach

Roach Yamaha Catapult Tester

Mongo posted it to the 400 list yesterday.

- Roach

13. LAR

LAR Well-Known Member

You're guess, though, is probably dead on. Not enough bikes to warrant taking up the extra fifteen minutes it would take to run a 125 race.

I just get frustrated because these bikes are still very popular (formula USA had 18 125s on the grid for the 125 race)...and more and more the classes they can run in are becoming obsolete. It just sucks...not everyone wants to ride a four-stroke. :D

For riders like Kcraget, it's not a big deal...he can be competitive in any class on any bike he rides, but for a rider like myself, it's fun to at least be out there in a class where we're all in the same boat (bikes handle the same and are dealing with the same frustrations [getting the bike off the line ;)]).

I used to hate being on my aprilia and getting zoomed by on the start by all the SVs because the two-strokes are harder to get going. ;)

14. Cliff0529

Cliff0529 Well-Known Member

Man that sucks. I love watching the 125 races! Especially the nationals, I get to see people that I usually wouldn't (Hjelm, Daggendorf, Kcraget, Andrews, etc.). I hope Mongo reconsiders, or maybe run a 250GP and 125GP class at the same time to increase participation.

Regionals are fun but they are so hit and miss here in the SE for the 125's. Sometimes you get a good field of 8-9 and others there are only 1-2. :(

15. LAR

LAR Well-Known Member

I absolutely agree with you!!!! Except for the seeing deggendorf part!

(just kidding dave!!!! :D )

16. Dennis Woods

Dennis Woods Member

Now that Dave has the Mullet wig, he's really upgraded to a smarter look!

17. stickman

stickman crash free since 5/6/07

That really sucks. I love the 125 races. I was even thinking of getting one to race next year. Damn. I hope 2 strokes don't become extinct.

18. ok wera it is time for some civil disobedience, if you do not want to see the following happen give us back our series, i am a non violent person but i am prone to radical demonstrations
    1. i vow to pay for all regionals in pennies
    2. i vow to send used tire x mas wreaths to your house for x mas, you will then either have to pay for shipping and or pay to dispose of tire carcass
    3. i vow to picket the wera headquarters with 125 screaming children who want to see their teacher race and win a national
    4. i vow to never fix the my credit card strip, no easy swipping for you (this is for after you all threatening not to let me practice until the pennies are counted)
    I am warning you, beware
    you dropped this info on a bad day to a bad dude

19. seriously though, let us at least run with the f2 class (which also had abysmal turn out), in fact notice that many 125 bikes made up for and often won the f2 class, you are depleting one field by dropping another, is this good business?
    create an all new two stroke class, let the ama 250 boys come play in a rejuvinated true west coast east coast series, they would not mind at all some 125's starting behind them in their own thing, make the sucky vee's play with flatulent diesels in lightweight twins
    did the usgpru ever contact wera about some true nationals (i.e. 15 laps or so) with real qualifying, these are the best races going in the country for us, why would a business not want to compete or step up to another business outcompeting it? this is against the natural instinct of a racer to win win win!!!!
    i emplore you wera, i just got a new bike, i do not want another regional season of 10 wins and not even trying that hard, i am a glutton for punishment, i like to be beat badly by good riders, it inspires me to actually try harder, i want to improve my lap times and for this i need a national class, in regional mixed classes i get balked to often or get in mix matched battles that do not suit my machine
    please!!!
    or the disobedience shall reign

20. LAR

LAR Well-Known Member

OK, you're histerical. Your past two posts had me cracking up. I agree with you, I think the problem, as Paige stated, is that we don't generate enough money for them.

I hate running in regional mixed classes, exactly as you do...it just plain sucks. Unfortunately, it's the 600s, 750s, etc., that probably make them their money. I guess that if we want to run a true 125 class, we'll have to run a different organization, which upsets me because I like WERA so much. Doesn't mean I won't do regionals with WERA, but this *really* disappoints me. 125 interest has really started regenerating and I think that this is a poor decision, but we don't know the reasons why, so I can't really say. :(