1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No 125 in nationals anymore???

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by LAR, Nov 20, 2003.

1. LAR

LAR Well-Known Member

Hey, there's nothing to forgive...I'm not mad at YOU or WERA. Just sad...as I stated in my last post. Truth is, I really like you (and the WERA org) and always will, even if you and I tend to get each other's panties in a bunch. :D

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hell no! She'd kill me for giving to someone other than her no matter how much she loves you and all!

3. LAR

LAR Well-Known Member

4. Roach

Roach Yamaha Catapult Tester

I was talking about its forgiveness properties. Could come in handy.

- Roach

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So I read this, then I think of something to post about panties, size differences etc.. Luckily I have some sense and don't wanna ruin my own dinner. I'm sad too FWIW.

Roach - I'll see what I can do on the hat, you're surely gonna need some help sooner or later :D I can't remember details all that clearly from that night at Summit so I have to ask - do you know which hat it is? (I know the hat, just can't remember if you were there or not when a certain someone put it in her truck hoping I'd forget it...)

6. LAR

LAR Well-Known Member

LMAO! What, you don't buy your panties at Victoria's Secret? :D

And I'll keep you both guessing on that hat...no reason to give away the answer to something that might get you BOTH forgiveness. I'd lose my upper hand. ;)

7. Racer48

Racer48 Man Whore- He Bitch!

DANG! I hate it when I miss a good knock-down, romp-around brawl like this! Just dont spill the beers! :D :D

Hagasan lucked out and got to do all the comedy! Which was wonderfully timed I see!

Mongo, thats it, you gonna have to show up for the 125 Happy Hour up here in DC (hopefully well have a big enough grid... I mean tab.... for ya)!! We can talk about that 125GP and YSR combination series at the Nationals for next year.

YES LAR, Im trying to come up with a good plan for this still. More to come later once everybody has cooled off a little!! :beer: :clap: :clap:

8. LAR

LAR Well-Known Member

If you need help organizing, just let me know. I love get togethers. :D

The only thing you have to remind Mongo to get him to come is that we have Yuengling on tap up here in Fairfax, VA. :D

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Now I hate you.

10. LAR

LAR Well-Known Member

Ah, I can feel the love now. :D

If it makes you feel better, I don't partake in beer on tap...only Yuengling in bottles for me...and surprisingly, it actually tastes good in cans as well. ;)

11. guess i will have to accept it
    but do not count me out
    my 125 will partake in formula two national races at jennings, VIR, summit & barber
    anyone else in
    heck i only ran four or five gp125 nationals this year and ended up second in points, some trophy just showed up via ups
    with the form 2 numbers (i.e. lap times and # of riders) maybe third place will really be a challenge worthy of achieving

12. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

I guess it might be in bad taste for me to ask, but now I'm dying to know.

The Harley Dude seems pretty pissed about it (still), so it must be a pretty nasty story.

tom

13. LAR

LAR Well-Known Member

Congrats on the trophy! :)

I don't think you can count any of us "out," as there are still places for us to run our little bees in WERA...they won't get rid of us that easily!!! (that was a joke, Mongo, just to make sure you knew.) ;)

14. LAR

LAR Well-Known Member

I have to say, Tom, I'm a bit curious myself, but since I was already boiling in the hot pot, wasn't going to go there. :D

15. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

Well, get that Dennis Woods guy back in here. Dish some dirt.

Moxey and Cole would know, but since you ran them off, they might not be willing to talk.

tom

16. LAR

LAR Well-Known Member

:D

I personally was not responsible for running them off. I just said I was glad I didn't have to race them next year. ;)

17. Bill Cole

Bill Cole Well-Known Member

Before I start this post I want to be perfectly clear. This is a brief description of my experiances and many conversations during the evolution of the USGPRU. If any of this content is incorrect please correct me. I think it is fairly accurate. This is also not a slam of Jonathan Flack even though it may read that way. He did great things for the 125 community. Please comment/correct/challenge as you see fit.

The USGPRU came about after a series of things. First Tony Bell started a national series. It started off well and gained momentum slowly but surely. Tony hung it up and Jonathan Flack took the ball. He did some really great things and some really stupid things. What he did do is bring Tonys groundwork home. If he didnt it was going to die. He would call me alot and I advised him on how to approach things and how to think of it in business terms. However JF really only had one vision. He wanted a wildcard ride for his rider. Many of the moves he made were to set the orgainzation in this direction. All of this was not really bad. It had some good direction.

Where he really screwed up, in my opinion, and one reason Mongo is really pissed (Mongo please dont let me comment for you and clarify as needed) is that JF answered the first door that offered him something. From a business standpoint he should have formated his series, completed a prospective profit plan and completed an overview of the sponsors that he would bring to the show. Then present it to the organizations and in simple terms bid it out. He didnt. He didnt even call on Wera. Nothing. Wera (as Sean has noted) who has been carrying a 125 National series for years. Why? For us!! At a loss... Talk about a slap in the face... !!

So we are looking at a looser series.. Lets get real. It is a niche market as Brian has pointed out. Without 60 bikes on every other grid it is a nice accomidation. We should be thanking Wera. What was needed was what JF actually completed. He totally orgainized and funded the series and all he really needed was an organizations administration and exposer. Partner with an established orgainization with some history and you have it. The issue here is that JF didnt call wera because it wouldnt have lead to a wildcard. How could he know what exposer Wera would have offered? With a few simple calls (even if they were accomidation calls) Wera would have been able to analize and invest or pass...

So JF is not involved anymore and some really good guys are running this USGPRU thing. CCS is really doing a nice job and really accomidating the series. Would Wera have done better..? Dont know... Would they have passed all together.. ? Dont know.. Would the series be better than with CCS.. Dont know.

JF was so blind to his business practices that when he was trying to get the AMA sanction.. (needed for wildcard) CCS had issues. JF had pissed CCS off to the point that they were going to drop us just because he was such a pain in the ass. JF called me and said I will just call Wera and make a deal... For real..!! My jaw just dropped.. I filled him in that the bridge is burnt and has fallen into the river... And washed away..

My post here is based on alot of interaction with JF. Alot of phone calls and time spent at the track. I also do not intend to crush the guy. He did something really great that no one else was willing to do. I am gratefull to him for that. He just didnt approach it as a business. Mongo I also thank you. I didnt compete in alot of Wera events because the competition wasnt there. Even if I hated CCS/F-usa (and I dont at all) I would still race the CCS/USGPRU because they have the competition. I started with WERA in 1990 and have always had a great time.. I thank you.

18. Bill Cole

Bill Cole Well-Known Member

I swear you guys keep this up and I WILL return.. I am going to give you guys every chance to just let me ride off into the sunset.. The box is the only place to be... You all keep it up and it will me a LONG time till you see the view... :Poke:

19. tamer

tamer Track Junkie

..i was wondering why jon all of a sudden disappeared, and the usgpru changed hands...now i know...i remember jon telling me about the wildcard thing...

tamer

20. 418

418 Expert #59

For me personally, what it comes down to is this. As long as WERA has a place for the 125's, I'll be happy. This is a niche market, but on the other hand...things go in spells. If someone said to me 5 years ago that WSB series would be dying on it's feet, I would have laughed in their face. What we can hope for is for people to keep true to the sport, and keep running these bikes. I for one, do not feel like the two-stroke concept has been even remotely expolered, but then again I am not the one that makes these kinds of decisions. We will see where the sport goes, but I can only hope that these bikes will live long enough to survive what I like to think and hope is a simple "depression" in their development. On the other hand, I feel like this might be the final nail in the coffin for the two-stroke racing community. :( I'm not sure why, but for your average rider, these bikes seem a little too labor intensive. That fact alone, scares off allot of people. Not to mention the fact that it is a "race only" motorcycle, and worst of all, it is considered as a small bike not really capable of delivering the thrills of a "true" sportbike. I can only hope that the following will hold true; The one's that want to race two-strokes, still will have the opportunity to. As we all know, eventually the spare parts for these little beauty's will dry up. I'm hoping that will be long, long time from now, by which people will pull their collective heads out of their asses and realise that "Two Strokes Rule!!!".

:D