1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No 125 in nationals anymore???

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by LAR, Nov 20, 2003.

1. Bill Cole

Bill Cole Well-Known Member

It's just damn sad, IMHO, that Sean & Ev get the shaft (or should I say keep getting the shaft) after supporting the 125's for so long with really no return or reward. So the talking big about "National Series" (caps his) at the detriment on WERA, on WERA's BBS, after WERA did so much...just didn't sit well when I read it. Pompous might be the word I'm looking for here.

Read the entire thread. People want to know some history and what got Wera to make the desision. I am just supplying information. I am more interested in having people understand what is going on and why.

Yes this is the Wera board and we are talking about another series. And? Someone asked some questions and I answered them... Pompous and (caps his) what is YOUR deal Mr. sensitive. I dont think you are giving Sean enough credit... He understands this business and is a fairly smart guy.

2. LAR

LAR Well-Known Member

E: Sean knows that those of us who ride 125s are most likely going to run the USGPRU...does it make him happy? No, but Sean understands. If you read the post he read about halfway up the page, you see that he's all for 125s being around...

...and I quote Sean as saying "No worries - I want to see 125s survive too. I wish it could be with us but I've finally given up that hope - but that won't stop me from doing what I can to help."

Sean truly does understand...is he thrilled about it? Of course not, but he does understand...so I give him a big :up: ...

especially for putting up with us ungrateful people for so long. :D ;) :beer:

3. EMathy

EMathy Dreaming of a *****...

I did. Before I posted, even. I read Sean telling you where to stuff it. I also read your little history/summary. Which was interesting. To my mind, it's a situation of your own making.

Well, for one it's WERA's resources your using. Hosting a BBS ain't free, last time I checked. Using someone's own assets to *their* detriment wasn't the most polite thing in the world. :rolleyes:

If the USGPRU has a BBS, take it there. Or get CCS to bankroll one, or go to the CCS BBS. They have one, right?

Hahahaha! Sensitive? Me?!?!? Dude, you crack me up! If I was sensitive, I wouldn't race the motorcycle I race or do half the things I do. Methinks thou arte projecting a bit. :Poke:

Last edited: Nov 27, 2003
  4. EMathy

EMathy Dreaming of a *****...

Actually, I am getting off my GS and onto an MZ Skorpion. The GS is getting run by a buddy of mine for his first race season. I'll never get rid of it, though. It's just way to much fun. And cheap. ;)

Thank ya! Say Hi to anyone I know that, uh, you know. Or something like that. :D

5. Bill Cole

Bill Cole Well-Known Member

He sure did... I would also.. Sean was getting heat that he was a bad guy for stoping the series. I posted the history for some backround so that everyone would understand that he got screwed.. Not my making.. I have and never did have anything to do with the USGPRU or any of its decisions. I was consulted on and I assure you I gave advice that was opposite of the outcome. As did Paul Nelson..

So we cannot talk about the AMA... AFM... or any other organization? Please post the rules you feel we should follow. This topic was started here and Sean made his feelings clear. So has everyone else... positive and negitive.

Glad your having a good time.. I got a million of um!

My intent here is not to piss anyone off. I think that the loss of the WERA series is very sad. Time to move on...

6. Dennis Woods

Dennis Woods Member

Hi all,

The new USGPRU fourm is up and running. Mongo and the WERA folks have been more than kind to let people post about our series but there is no sense in wearing out our welcome.

check it out:

USGPRU forum

I'm working on getting a link to it from fatbaq.

Dennis

7. LAR

LAR Well-Known Member

It's about time! :) Awesome.