1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ninja H2 coming.

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 1, 2014.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I'd be willing to bet that the H2 is not really going to be too compelling of a purchase over a "regular" 1000. Especially for street use the smaller amount of extra HP that the SC'er is making on the H2 I don't think is worthwhile enough to negate the fact that it weighs almost as much as a Busa.

The H2R given the price, the fact that its not street legal and that there's no warranty on it leaves it being a toy that a much smaller group of buyers will go for anyway.

2. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure it's supposed to, anywhere other than Bonneville or at an extended drag strip...

But I hear where you're coming from. I want it to be 2 seconds a lap quicker than anything else on the market, just to promote this kind of "why not?" engineering.

3. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

Exactly my thoughts. It probably lies somewhere between a 1000 and a hypersports bike in feel and performance. I just want to see how far from either spectrum it falls.

4. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

2:10 lap time for whatever it's worth. Moto2 runs 2 flats there.

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Those are pretty much motorcycle magazine journalists, not Tom Sykes.

6. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I know.. Luckily Sykes won't be riding it either.

And some of the those Journos overseas are like CU. They all aren't slow like you or I.

7. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

It would be most telling to put them on a ZX10 and then an H2 and see which one they lap faster on.

Even so, that may only prove which one is easier for mere mortals to ride quickly.

8. theJrod

Or which one they want to toss down the track the least... one is 13k, one is 50k.

9. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I would be curious to see that!! But I doubt it.

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

11. mike574

mike574 Well-Known Member

12. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

That does not look like some sloppy, ill-handling drag bike.

Just wish it had a lower...cause you know the turkey pan's gonna ruin every photo on track :D

13. SethG

SethG Well-Known Member

Well, lowers are basically optional in the rain anyway, you have to pull the plugs to keep the rain for sloshing around.

When I look at the H2, I see... Rain bike!

14. SethG

SethG Well-Known Member

Well, it's a power curve right? The expectation is that it's a few hp higher up top. And an ass-load more across the entire midrange.

15. freedomgli

freedomgli Well-Known Member

16. theJrod

2WDW put the H2 on the dyno...check out the curve: 200hp from 11k to 13k. It'd definitely limited in stock form.

Attached Files:

17. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

like any of these are going to stay in stock form for long...

18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I spat my coffee thanks lol.

19. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

So a reflash and a full exhaust that dumps that goofy stocker will probably uncork a good several ponies indeed.

20. flyingpig70

flyingpig70 Well-Known Member

There is a video on youtube of some guy in Dallas messing around on the Fwy racing a newer ZX10 on his H2, looks to run pretty good, for a roll on race anyway.