1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ninja H2 coming.

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Totally agree. The H2 will be probaby be slower around a racetrack than just about every other liter bike.

I get the whole H2R thing as a badass "look what we can do" marketing thing. But I think they really missed the mark with the H2 because it seems as if they are trying to sell them to the general public. At 25k you could get a Panigale 1299S that makes the same power, has Ohlins suspension and weighs 100lbs less.

It might make a good drag bike though.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Are you guys under the impression that the H2 is a GSXR-class machine? It's a 'Busa-class ship.

3. Which makes more sense.

4. ralphcor

ralphcor old slow guy

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Interesting. Definitely puts it closer to a GSXR than a 'Busa.

Didn't he say in another video that the extended swingarm was lighter, though?

6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Maybe a handful of pounds at most, and the BSTs maybe another 3 or 4 lbs, but still that's probably only going to bump it up to 470 or so (which would be about the same as a previous gen R1 off the showroom.

Granted he said that's with 1 gallon of gas, top the bike up with fluids and it's going to be back to tipping the scales at close to 500 lbs I guess.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I know it's probably not saving much but when he says it like it would actually make the bike a little heavier, it's pretty funny. Especially if he's already said it's lighter in a different video. :D

8. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Im guessing the arm & wheel drop a good bit of weight from the stock setup. Wouldnt be hard getting it under 430lbs wet from its current setup.
    That motor & charger must be heavy as all hell though. I wonder what the crank weighs? :D

9. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Also saw where the advertised compression ratio was 8.5:1. Bump that a couple points and some expensive race gas... nuther easy 20hp. Curious to see what kinda intake temps the charger produces... cause then you have a whole variety of options for cooling it down, whether gas or liquid. Might as well get the most amount of fun for 15hr out of that bitch! :D

10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Yup......not like there's some pesky warranty to void right? lol

11. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

12 lbs drop with the arm and wheels according to rg

12. ralphcor

ralphcor old slow guy

13. SethG

SethG Well-Known Member

Toye said he thought it could probably be made into a proper race bike depending on how the trellis frame ended up working out. He couldn't tell that it was all that heavy and it was stupid fast.

14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Well if its 460 with one rim and a lighter swingerarm and everything else left it place you could probably mount up front and rear magnesium wheels, dump all the bodywork for lighter raceglass, and toss the steel exhaust for titanium should put it into a reasonable road track weapon.

15. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I don't think this will have anything to do with the weight.

If it can corner and brake worth a damn, and there's a long enough front straight, it might stand a chance.

16. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

And then tally up the price tag on all that and regret not just getting a bike that worked for a fraction of the cost.

17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I didn't really expect to see this bumped even though the press event is going on. (I mean, there are no cooking tips or advice on how to wax your antique crockery hutch.) Lots of talk coming out about it. One of the press bikes has hit 221mph at the Losail circuit.

[​IMG]

18. speedkelly

speedkelly Well-Known Member

19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

20. 418

418 Expert #59

221mph on the speedo is like 185 reality. :up: