1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ninja H2 coming.

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Zuma is a street bike.

2. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Bombshell.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They were talking about non street bikes. Totally different animals.

4. metricdevilmoto

Also, while I'm thinking about it, the team owner I worked for in 08 got one of the first Ducati Desmosewhatevers and I'm pretty sure that had a warranty when we looked through all the paperwork that came with it when it got delivered. I don't remember if that had headlights.

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Yup D16RR had lights and blinkers. I used to operate under the assumption that the bike used leftover detuned MotoGP engines since it came out right when they flipped over to 800cc's, but they were special motors built for the bike apparently.

[​IMG]

6. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Just removing that stock exhaust dropped 50lbs... that thing is STUPID big

7. metricdevilmoto

There were a couple kinda sorta neat things about that bike, but nothing that made me think it was even close to being worth the 60k or whatever they wanted for it.

8. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Throw down $10k on a nice new Japanese dirtbike and guess what NO warranty. I think ktm offers a limited warranty.

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Nope.....and from the used ones I've seen for sale subsequently, even mildly used they depreciated heavily.

10. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I find it amusing that the zx10 has a very capable kit ecu but with the limited prep time they just throw a powercommander on the bike for shakedowns. His 1/8 mph says the bikr is making north of 250 at the tire

11. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

There's a guy here in cincy with an independent duc shop. He bought one with a bad motor for cheap and fixed it himself. They may be pricey but I'd love to have one in the stable. Sounds sooo sexy.

Do both of the H2 models lack warranty or just the R model?

12. Ty

Ty Well-Known Member

Is the D16RR used for the passenger rides at the MotoGps? Whatever it is, it sounds amazing.

13. metricdevilmoto

I think on the one we had, the exhaust outlets were exactly where a passenger would sit. I don't know if there were different versions or whatever. Actually, I know next to nothing about that bike other than the few hours we spent prepping it. It did sound different. Not my cup of Kool Aid, but I get why people dig the noise.

14. ralphcor

ralphcor old slow guy

just the R is none, H2 has 12 months

15. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Pretty sure that's a real deal bike they use which a few mods. Its on 16.5 rims and Bridgestone MotoGP slicks, carbon Brembo rotors, etc etc

[​IMG]

They had 2 exhaust for the bike. The standard one exited right out the top of where a passenger seat would be. But they also sold an aftermarket one for if I'm not mistaken a price of $7000, supposedly a nearly exact replica of what was on the GP bike.

[​IMG]

16. metricdevilmoto

I remember thinking that the stand that came with the bike was nice.

17. Ty

Ty Well-Known Member

It must have different crank phasing than the race bikes.
    It sounds angry and even totally pissed on trailing thottle.

18. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

Oops! Lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDjptUAcN4Y

19. ralphcor

ralphcor old slow guy

20. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Nice crank dyno. Because the beeb already determined the most possible was 250 hp at the wheel. :rolleyes: