1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NHL Playoffs, did I miss the thread?

Discussion in 'General' started by casjoker, Apr 12, 2017.

1. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I guess I hate Crosby because he's so damn good! That Golden goal was like slitting my throat. The boy delivers.

Funny thing is, I married a Pennsylvania girl and she loves the Caps and Rangers! She actually sits on the edge of her seat the entire game and yells. I have to go in another room.

2. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

that was when i was mega into hockey... the Red Wings back then were my favorite dudes. i moved from the Caps to the Wings when Dino Ciccarelli moved there cause he was the dude i liked as a kid, and that was my team for a long time. Yzerman, Lidstrom, Konstantinov, Koslov, Primeau, Shanahan, Federov... Federov then became my #1 dude cause I was always a fast skater and loved watching his speed. i still have his Nike Zoom Air edition skates with the carbon fiber sole and shit somewhere at my mom's on a shelf. that team was so damn good.

besides them... used to always love watching Thoren Fleury (relation to this goalie?) play... and Al MacInnis play, dude was a godamn monster. remember when he gave that one dude heart arrhythmia from hitting him in the chest with a slapshot and the dude almost died? haha fuck.

all those other amazing players... brodeur, chelios, selanne, kariya, lindros, leclair, hull, hasek, holik, forsberg, bondra, roenick, ... so many in that time period.

rd400racer likes this.
  3. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

OK rd400...Rangers kicked ass and didn't even ask for names. Howya doin' now? :D

4. rd400racer

Feeling pretty good:D

That was about as complete a game as they've played in a while. Except for a 5-8 minute stretch, the Blueshirts dominated. Interesting finish with the two teams
    flexing their muscles.

5. Sabre699

Blues did a bit of muscle flexing and won that one. Nashville gave a little payback for the Fiala incident though. :D
    The Ducks are rolling now. Took FOREVER to get the double OT win. Pacific time kills me here.
    Rangers and Caps both on the edge today.

6. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

So, the Blueshirts are on the edge, and the Caps live for at least one more game.... Couple of fun games today!

7. Sabre699

Damn...Ottawa has been killer in OT. Great battle with the Rangers.
    Yeah, Ovi scored one after the winning goal was already in. Back to the Pitt and we'll see how it goes.
    Don't think the Blues can beat the Preds today but... Who knows?
    Ducks have surged past the Oilers...can they make it 4 in a row?

8. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

fixed it

9. noeyes

noeyes Well-Known Member

Preds win!!! Preds win!!! Goin to our first conference finals ever! What a game. I was nervous wreck the whole time.

10. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

I turned on the radio broadcast and they scored about 20 seconds later. Just glad I could do my part

My fiancee was wearing a preds sweat shirt at home depot after the game and about everyone in there asked about the game

11. Sabre699

Congrats to them. They deserve it.
    Ducks took a helluva beat down. Everything tied there.
    Caps have to win in Pitt tonight to continue. :Poke:

12. rd400racer

I may have to scrounge some tickets together and catch a game. The crowd was insane last night, and that was watching on TV.

13. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If you have not experienced a Predators game at Bridgestone Arena you are missing out. Hell even Berry Melrose pointed out that a Stanley Cup Final in Nashville may be the best ever. Tickets used to be fairly cheap and easy to get, not so much now.

14. merle4

merle4 Menace to sobriety

Pens were SO bad tonight. Probably frees up my Wednesday night. F-in awful.

Sweatypants likes this.
  15. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

Yeah, the wheels really fell off tonight.

16. Sabre699

Caps played with a must needed desperation. Back to DC for game 7.
    Lots of that 7 game stuff going on.
    Rangers facing the big survival game tonight to force 7 in that series.

17. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

WTF Pittsburgh?? There was zero puck control. The whole damn game looked like a bunch of amateurs that have never met each other and decided to play hockey. Will give it to Washington, they played a great game and never let Pittsburgh get anything. 16 SOG for the whole damn game I think it was. SMH. I feel bad for Fleury, zero help out there last night. :mad:

18. rd400racer

This is going to sound f&*(^ing pathetic, but I'm actually stepping away from my Blueshirts tonight. I am honestly at the stress overload point and can't watch. Heading to the bar for Two Stroke Tuesday to hang with some fellow MC enthusiast so I'm as far away from a puck as I can get. Oh, I'll probably get home in the middle of the third but that's OK, I can handle that. I try to keep telling myself. "it's only a game, it's only a game" but it resonates on deaf ears.

19. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

I feel ur pain ..... trade away the farm for washed up has beens and this is the result the past 25 years !! Do they even have a first round pick this year? Only thing that saved em was Hayes a few yrs back and Vesey signing on ... There is a Russian kid in the nets in the KHL who supposedly is a very very high prospect/starter and I would really hate for them to sign Shattenkirk ! That's another 6-7 million disaster in the waiting ... if they can off Staal,Girardi(love him but Torts years got the best of him),Stepan and Sieveqvists salaries then ya

rd400racer likes this.
  20. Sabre699

Rangers fall...sorry guys.
    Two game 7's up tonight.