1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NHL Playoffs, did I miss the thread?

Discussion in 'General' started by casjoker, Apr 12, 2017.

1. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I'd like to see Oilers v Preds and Rangers v Caps in the Conference finals.

Anybody but the Pens or Ducks.

And I don't understand why they have the two west games on one night and east on the next. They should have split them.

casjoker likes this.
  2. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

I have only had the chance to watch the Oilers during the playoffs, from the little I have seen it appears they have all the right parts and pieces. Love to see them do well because of the rabid fan base. Preds looked impressive for most of the game. They better not have the let down in performance in a 1 goal game, St Louis is dangerous! PK Suban....hated him in Montreal, love him in Nashville. I hope Kevin Fiala from the preds is going to be ok, nasty looking crash into the boards.

Hoping Caps/Penguins is the war it could be...hoping for 7 games of nasty, gritty, fast awesome hockey!

3. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I'm gonna be honest - last night was the first night I feel like I saw why Nashville wanted Subban. I hated him in Montreal, too, and wasn't crazy about the trade when it happened. I still think he's the NHL's Cam Newton (and not because of color, just the mix of talent/attitude).

Nashville has a couple of guys in Milwaukee who can fill in as well or better than Fiala, so I think they'll be ok. It wouldn't surprise me to see them bring Mike Ribeiro back up onto the active roster.

4. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Gutted for Fiala, he was really starting to contribute in a big way. I hope Nashville can get thru this series without more serious injuries, but with the way the Blues play that may not happen. Good news is we are finally getting the PK we all hoped for.

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Me? I have and it was not well liked but the truth seldom is. :D

I'm not allowed to mention the local ice hockey sports collective by the city which hosts them, use any of the players names or even the name of the team. :D

Sabre699 likes this.
  6. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

Looks like Fiala has a broken leg and is done for the year.... that sucks

7. TSC_113

TSC_113 Look At me!!!

GO SENS GO
    [​IMG]

8. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Pens looked strong last night.
    Damn...Ottawa proving to be a force.

9. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

Mike Ribeiro is an interesting story, dude has had his issues. I have met him a couple of times. He is a great example of how badly rosters pad players size. They have him listed at 6' and 180, he is 5"10" at best and maybe 165.

Pens did look strong. I haven't liked Ovechkin since a couple of Olympics ago. I have seen him play on several occasions. He can be very lazy, is a poor loser and plays dirty. However, he does deserve props for his skills.

10. Sabre699

Blues survived a full onslaught to hold on for the win.
    Did anyone say Oilers? They look goooood!

11. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

The Commisioner needs to review the head shot in the Pen's/Cap's game.
    We can't beat you so we will hurt you. The Pen's lost two players in the last 5 minutes.
    The Cap's are a bunch of cheap shot sissies. Fuck them.

Would have liked to see the Ducks shine, but Edmonton has the momentum.

BHP41 likes this.
  12. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Nashville's gotta stop taking the stupid penalties. Completely their undoing in Game 2. Game 3 tomorrow should be interesting. Bridgestone Arena has been rockin' this year.

13. Sabre699

Penguins killing the Caps. Yeah...some cheap shot shit going on there.
    I thought Ottawa would fold to the Rangers. Boy was I wrong. They are the real deal.

14. TSC_113

TSC_113 Look At me!!!

What a come back that game was. 6 goals against king Henric doesn't happen very often. Pageau with 4 goals including the Double OT winner!

Sabre699 likes this.
  15. Sabre699

Nashville again over the Blues. Renne is a man made of rubber!
    Oilers mounted a helluva comeback to tie it at 3-3 but Getslaf and company would not be denied and scored the next 3 easily.
    Still impressed with Talbot and McDavid. Two BIG reasons for Edmonton's ressurection.
    Duck have made it a series.

16. rd400racer

Talbot didn't look all that great last night. I'm pulling for the Oils but he looked fairly mortal.

Rangers Nation is now saying they hope the Blueshirts get swept and the organization cleans house. I'm starting to agree with them.

17. Sabre699

What gives there? Tough series but still (hard for a Bruins fan to say) a good solid team.

18. rd400racer

The defense is old and horrible. Staal, Girardi, Klein and Holden need to go. And to make it worse, Vigneault seems to put out combinations of those 4 at
    the most critical moments (like with 4 minutes to go when you're ahead by 2 goals).

BHP41 likes this.
  19. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Crosby gets a cheap shot and gets knocked out of the game...if he is concussed this series is over.

20. rd400racer

I agree with the commentators in that the hit was more reactionary than deliberate. If Crosby doesn't lose an edge then the hit would never happen. With his history of concussions I don't see him back minimum one game. Really bad then he's done for a while.