1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NHL Playoffs, did I miss the thread?

Discussion in 'General' started by casjoker, Apr 12, 2017.

1. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

Searched but didn't see one...pulling for the Bruins but they would be a long shot at best. Maybe the Caps year but Ovechkin is so damned lazy and a poor sport at times I can't route for them. Love to pull for the Preds but I think they are in the same situation as Bruins. Wild maybe??? They maybe my bandwagon fan team of the year.

2. zjay

zjay Well-Known Member

Leafs!!!!!!!

3. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

Bruins steal the first one...walking wounded on their blue line! B's Rookie in 1st NHL game ever over 20 minutes ice time...spoked wheel of truth!!!!

4. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Hope the Rangers do well. Pens and Washington are gonna be tough. Columbus might have something for Pittsburgh through the series. They are as physical as I've seen.

Can't believe Tampa Bay didn't make it in.

Everyone else from the othe side sucks. :D

5. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Well, since once again my Devils didn't make the show, and my local Lightning didn't either, all I have to root for is whoever beats the Rangers and Pens. So far I'm striking out big time :whoosh::Puke:

6. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

The Wings streak had to end eventually. Still sad. :(

7. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

Last time OUR Wings were not in the playoffs ...
    Ummm, wait, hold on, then I think "Damn that was a long time ago", if the FIRST Bush was El Presidente.

As a NAVY guy, I almost have to support the upstarts, the under dogs, the 'Bluejackets'. Let's Go Blue Jackets !

LOL, It has been SOOOOO long since I haven't been able to watch them play in the second half of April, I don't know what to do with all of this spare time. Guess I will walk the dogs.

8. noeyes

noeyes Well-Known Member

Pulling for the Preds hard, but we always seen to have problems with the SuckHawks.

Mechdziner714 likes this.
  9. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I'm not saying squat this year. Every year I come on to support my team and end up jinxing them. Yes, I'm that superstitious...I put my left skate on first before every game and when my kid plays I stand at the exact same spot at the rink for the whole game.

Worst thing about the playoffs is that it doesn't matter one bit how good you are, it's all about how hot you are at the moment. But I love the next two months. Just what I need, more hockey:D

Sabre699 and BHP41 like this.
  10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Go Celtics! :D

11. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Bruins (what's left of them) pulled that one out of their ass. Love the playoffs.

12. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I like how the announcer called Marchand "the little bundle of hate:D" (I think I got that right)

Sabre699 likes this.
  13. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

Let's go Ducks!!

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeap and yeap but one thing, you're putting on the wrong shoe first. It's always right sock, left sock, right shoe, left shoe. :D Also holds true for gloves of any type and even the sleeve of your dress shirt. :D That might be a cause of some past issues. :D

Hockey is king at the K-ranch. It's whats on the TV if it's on. NHL, KHL, european. . . f@ckin' girls college hockey, any hockey. :D But thankfully lacrosse has been allowed to be played on TV over some hockey as long as it is not the local ice sports collective of course.

rd400racer likes this.
  15. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

I think its time we exercise that demon. Its been fun listening to their fans calling into our local radio saying we don't have a chance, hope to make them all cry like the little band wagon bitches they are.

noeyes likes this.
  16. TSC_113

TSC_113 Look At me!!!

A steal is right. they didn't even register a shot on net in the 2nd period. Karlsson is hurting, hopefully two days off will help his foot.
    GO SENS GO!

17. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Hawks / Wild, Ducks / Sharks
    Rangers / Bruins, Capitals / Penguins

Those are my predictions as of now. Hawks will probably beat the Wild, Ducks will probably beat the sharks And it will probably be Bruins / Capitals out east

Attached Files:

18. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

I hope the Rangers go. I know that's not likely to happen but I hope so.

Prediction - It's either Wash or Pitt. If they make to play each other, who ever wins that series will likely win the cup. Don't think anyone on the other side has anything for either of those when they are playing well.

Pens are going to have to try and stay healthy through this one. Columbus is going to be hitting hard come Friday.

Then again. It is the playoffs.

19. G2G

G2G I feel the need

Ho Hawks. Taking my GF for her birthday to Saturday nights game as its her first time going to a NHL game. SHould be a good time. Nashville will be on there game as they usually are when they play the Blackhawks.

20. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

Rangers may go somewhere if AV (he's horrible about sticking to his system even if its not working) shakes stuff up like he did lastnight ( and of course the lucky goal Glass got ) .... notice the fore check wasn't run and gun 2 man deep ? ... most of the nite was 1-2-2 or even 1-1-3 .... only pitfall is the PP blows , that 5 on 3 for some 1 + minutes and not even a shot !! ... Montreal was using the body pretty hard , only check I seen back was Girardi on Paciorety ... We'll see what happens tomorrow nite .... 4th line was the best one the whole nite and he needs to keep rolling all 4 to go anywhere.Lets hope AV keeps coaching.Still have no idea why Juliene doesn't like the kid ( Galchenyuk) and demoted him to 4th line,thats hurting the Habs right now and they are a little small up front.

rd400racer likes this.