1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NHL Playoffs, did I miss the thread?

Discussion in 'General' started by casjoker, Apr 12, 2017.

1. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Crosby lost the edge because Ovi slashed him in the shoulder and then head on the backswing...you can protect yourself without cross checking someone in the head/neck area...he already missed 6 games with a concussion this year, he's done if he has another one.

2. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Rangers really needed that one last night to have a chance.
    Nashville grinding the Blues down.
    Stay tuned for the shit-show at Pittsburgh tonight...

3. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

And my wife was sitting next to me with 2 minutes to go saying, "looks like the Rangers got this one." I told her to shut the hell up lest she jinx them!

Yep, I have that little faith in my Blueshirts that they can't f*&k up a 3 goal lead with 2 minutes to go:(

4. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Went to the preds game last night. It was a lot of fun and it got loud in there. The second goal was great!

noeyes, Lawn Dart and rd400racer like this.
  5. S Tsotsoros

S Tsotsoros aka General Tso

:stupid:

6. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

Go Penns. Gino will replace Crosby and do fine. When they drop the puck tonight, it's on.

Sabre699 likes this.
  7. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Neal is my boy. I don't know if that wrist shot was luck or skill, but it sure was pretty.

Arvidsson on the play near the end - hustling to beat the Blues, then tying up 3 or 4 of them, all by himself, in a game of keep away was bad ass. They're playing so well right now after such (what I thought was) a lackluster season.

8. Sabre699

Been to the venue and it's one of the best for audio and visual.....not a bad seat in the house (especially the nose-bleeds) where a three cant chant always ends up in a "YOU SUCK" ending. Great shit.

9. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

AV is the worst ... how can he not see it is beyond me ... it happened in the Habs series and then happens again ! I doubt Smith resigns .Its happened way too many times along with the team just coming out flat and not playing worth a damn , that's the coach and the Captain .... Did you hear AV the other day ? I lost him on the bench ! WTF is that , how do you loose ur best D-man ? How ? Smith ,McD and Skjei have been great minus a few mistakes that are gonna happen.

10. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

Pens up 3-1
    Fuck you caps.

BHP41 and ts199 like this.
  11. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

IMG_9148.JPG Our (AHL) Sun DeEggo Gulls (Anaheim Ducks farm club) wrapped up their first opponent (Ontario Reign) last night. Woo Hoo ! San Jose is our next opponent.

Grand Rapids Griffins (DRW farm club) look TOUGH !

I don't know if I am more excited about the Predators, or the Penguins ...

12. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

seriously these fucks choke every. damn. time. they get to the playoffs... which is like every year. living here is stressful and a consistent let down.

13. rd400racer

Yep, Caps are my #2 team and it's getting old to see such talent fade out in the second round year after year. Holtby looks normal while Fleury is playing totally out of his head. But, that what wins the Cup...a hot goalie. How the Pens goalies manage to find their stride at playoff time is beyond me. If this turns out to be a Pens-Ducks final I'm done until next season. Tired of seeing those two.

14. Sabre699

Neither of them are my huckleberries (would have liked another Boston-Chicago matchup but they both pooped the sheets) but I'm a hockey fan and if that's the deal then I'm in. :beer:

15. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Nice win by the Pens. 1 more game and it's ANOTHER loss to the Pens in the playoffs. What's that make it 9-1. Lol. Wash will be in the same boat as Chicago for me until they get rid of Ovechkin. Good thing for them, they'll be at home when they lose, won't be a long walk. Hahahaha.

Last edited: May 4, 2017
  16. rd400racer

Oh, I'm sure I'll tune in...I just won't admit it;)

Sabre699 likes this.
  17. YamRZ350

I'm really happy for Fleury, especially after how last years run went for him.
    Sullivan is a hell of a coach, certainly the best we've had since Badger Bob Johnson. He sure finds a way to get the best out of his guys.

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'm one game away from saying "f@ck hockey" for the year. :crackup:

19. rd400racer

I know I like you because you're an RZ350 guy, and we have to stick together. But man, I hate the Pens! And the worst thing is, I used to love them. Paul Coffey is the reason I became a defenseman. Lemeux and Jagr, freaking poetry on ice. But I just don't like Crosby. He's the reason I hate the Pens now. And Malkin is Baby Huey on ice.

I will give them credit. They just know how to win. And that makes me hate them even more!

20. YamRZ350

Those were the days. Francis, Tocchet, Stevens, Recchi, Ulf Samulson, Barrasso, Joey Mullen.
    We can agree to disagree, I guess.
    I never like all the chirping at the officials crap, but Sid has mostly stopped that under Sullivan. Malkin is a beast when he's on his game.

Feel free to hate me at least a little, the RZ's are long gone and I feel about the same for your Rangers as you do about the Pens. For me it's Lundqvest and I truly despise Tortorella who seemed to be at his worst in NY.

rd400racer likes this.