1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NFL 2015

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

You see wrong, no Jets fan here.

2. Banditracer

This ^^^, their fumble rate is ridiculously low since 2007. The same time Brady convinced the NFL to let the teams take care of the balls. Coincidence ?:rolleyes:

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They all cheat. Falcons pumping noise into the dome even.

The fine I get, the firings I get. Suspending Brady is dumb with no proof he was involved or knew. Could he have felt it? Sure. Doesn't change the lack of proof.

4. BigBird

BigBird blah

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That article is stupid. Of course the DoD pays for advertising (National Guard team in AMA anyone?) - and when they buy ad space they write in other things as part of the entire package (team appearances at bases or other events). Doesn't mean the players wouldn't do the thank yous it without the cash being paid.

6. Yea. That article is looking for trouble where it isn't. A buddy of mine tried to make it seem like the Eagles took some kind of moral high ground since they're not on the list. More likely scenario is that the military just didn't see an Eagles game as money well spent. :D

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

Well the Giants do this at almost every game and are not on the list...just saying

8. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Early days that place was pretty quiet. It was so quiet that GA Tech types would go there to study for mid-terms and not be bothered by noise or crowds.

:D

9. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

Seems as there is a bit more evil going on in the NFL.....so a deflated ball is a big deal Really.....

I guess Ray Ray is a saint then :up:

10. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Question: anybody know the actual pressure of the footballs that were too low at halftime? Just curious how much air was dropped?

11. BigBird

BigBird blah

"... two pounds per square inch of air less than what's required by NFL regulations ...required to to be inflated between 12.5 and 13.5 pounds per square inch and weigh between 14 and 15 ounces."

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Pretty sure I saw 2 pounds out of the 12.5-13.5 psi regulation.

13. Banditracer

WTF does Ray Rice have to do with Brady wanting deflated balls ?:confused:

14. dtalbott

Thank you.

15. dtalbott

Another question:

A football inflated to 12.5 pounds before the game - would it stay consistently at 12.5 throughout the game?

16. Mud Whistle

Mud Whistle Get my icebike ON!

As temp increase so does pressure and vice versa (assuming constant volume), the question is how much... here's the math.

17. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

He got one thing wrong in the math there. V is not necessarily a constant. As the pressure inside a football increases, the volume will also increase slightly because the ball is somewhat elastic.

Maybe it is noise in the equation in this case, but it isn't constant. Don't believe me? Put 5lb of air in a football, carefully measure the diameter. Then to 50lb of air in the football and carefully measure the diameter. I am betting the second number is larger than the first.

Don't have a good way of measuring ball diameter? Just tightly wrap a strip of tissue paper around the 5lb inflated ball then tape it in place with a small piece of tape. Then inflate it to 50lb. I am betting the tissue or tape gives up well before you hit 50lb. Actually the ball might give up before you hit 50lb.

Last edited: May 12, 2015
  18. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Or if you really wanna have some fun, when your nuclear submarine is on the surface of the ocean, tie a string really tighe from one side of the pressure hull to the other, then watch it sag as you dive...

19. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Its so funny watching the Pats fans try to justify this... once again they were caught cheating, and they just cant seem to accept it. Their superbowl wins are tainted, Brady is tainted, the whole organization has benefitted from years of cheating... When (if?) Brady and Belichik go into the HoF the cheating is all people will talk about.

Feel free to contribute to the GoFundMe account trying to raise $1M to pay the fine... I'm sure the $2billion patriots love milking their fans for more money... what a joke.

20. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Not sure if this place has been mentioned here lately, but oh look at some facts long forgotten about teams caught with infractions through the years:

yourteamcheats.com