1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NFL 2015

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Apr 24, 2015.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

2. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

3. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

No excuse for it but if my team had just lost 20-3 and I was in enemy territory I don't think I'd be "talking smack".

4. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

You're smarter than a Vikings fan.

Though I suspect you're a Bills fan, which doesn't give you much room to criticize. :p

5. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I saw where the Cowboys are worth the most of any sports team on the planet….4.5 billion.

6. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

This will be 20 seasons since their last StuporBowl win... and only 3 playoff wins since then.

Boggling that the team still carries such a fan base. I just don't get it.

And I live here.

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

It's also interesting that NFL teams are worth so much considering they only play 8-10 games at home, unlike Baseball which has 81 and basketball has 44 opportunities to make money.

But since the TV $$ is HUGE, the the fans in attendance are just icing on the many Billion dollar cake

8. zippytech

zippytech Running On Pumpedupness!!

9. zippytech

Cause real fans stick with a team win or loose.

10. auminer

As a Saints fan since the Manning patriarch (tried to) play for them, I get that.

Still doesn't explain the steady overvaluation of this team, though. Surely you recognize that bandwagon fans have some effect on a team's revenue.

11. zippytech

I am sure it does, but I also don't think they have much of a bandwagon from the last 15 years or so.

12. BigBird

BigBird blah

Cowboy fans have a following akin to the Yankees....they are everywhere, and full of self-righteousness. My next door neighbor is a diehard Yankee, Knicks and Cowboys fan.

I think that "America's team" BS really worked.

13. zippytech

+ Back when I was a KID and we only had 2 channels that had football on it, they was on every week here. One channel had Cowboys the other had Steelers.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:stupid: Well, had the Bungles too on occasion but for a lot of people growing up it was Steelers or Cowboys you became a fan of.

15. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Supply and demand....they only have 8ish games if they want to see them play.

16. auminer

Manning should've retired.

Peyton, that is.

Bets on whether he finishes the season?

17. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

I think its Kubiacs' crap offense... how can you force a HoF QB to change to a system that doesnt really work anymore. Crazy!

18. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Watched Football for the fist time in a long time. On-and-off, Dolphins versus some team (I forgot already) and than the Cowboys versus Giants.

The Dungeon just got stupid. And, now I am watching the TNF.

How do you you dial Eleven? The magnetic thingy on the refrigerator door says dial 911 for emergencies.

19. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Happy 40 spot, Buffalo! :beer:

You were certainly good for another 10-14 points but Brady had a few bad throws in there :rolleyes:

20. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Is it a sign that the world is ending when the Raiders and the Redskins win on the same day?