1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Next Year

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by dave3593, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

It might be reliable in others hands...and it's a MK3 not a Monza.

2. Hate McDead

Hate McDead Well-Known Member

And actually, the TSS broke its primary chain at its first outing at Mosport. But I have a new one in for Barber.

3. Robin172

Did it lock up?

4. Hate McDead

No. Failed smooth as silk. Lucky. However, going to set up a rigid replacement schedule moving forward.
    I'd like to see if you'll lend me your MK3 primary helical gear assembly to replace the chain system on my bike.

5. Robin172

Yep you were lucky. When I put the straight cut primary on my bike I disposed of the helical assembly, otherwise you would be more than welcome to have it. If you still had that Montesa you could have tried bodging that on.

6. Hate McDead

Robin, Fortunately not. And no damage to the motor. I'm now going to impose a regid replacement schedule. I'd like to find a a helical primary drive system like on your MK3 that could slot on to the TSS. Apparently Senior Bulto has Incorporated a like system on their Bultaco.
    Is it safe to assume we'll be bumping into each other at Barber? Or rather you'll be bumping into me as per usual?

Sorry thought that my last post didn't go through. And where did the straight cut system come from?

And, fuck, I'd forgotten all about the Montessa. A more fickle girl to tune than most.

7. Robin172

Senor Bulto obviously knows the flaws in his fathers design. The primary gear assembly and gearbox were made by Nova, had them in there since I first raced the bike in 1993.

And as for me bumping into you, that is rather ironic following your unprovoked assault on Luke Conner at pit out at Kershaw.

8. KawH1R

KawH1R Well-Known Member

A rigid replacement schedule............Really!

9. Hate McDead

I was wondering how long it would take for you to jump all over that. 15 hours - you're slipping KawH1R

10. Hate McDead

Some, such as yourself, might call such a quick assault 'unbridled opportunism' to make an unprovoked attack on an unsuspecting victim just as they enter the track. However, I maintain my innocent status as I was inadvertantly hit a careening rider who high-sided in front of me.

11. Robin172

No, I would call that, to quote one of the 1970's British Lions, as "getting my retaliation in first."

12. Hate McDead

The inverted logic of the Anglo-Saxon mind is boggling. One would think that after a millinnium and a half of the civilized world trying to tame your savage tendencies would yield some results. But your comment above proves otherwise. Obviously Robin you haven't learned the fine art of extending your pinkie finger while lifting a teacup.

13. Robin172

I certainly don't lift my pinkie while lifting a teacup, my mother, from a tough working class area of northern England taught me not to, "That was what those upper class idiots do" according to her.

The player who I quoted, (if you didn't know, the British Lions are a rugby team made up of players from the UK and Ireland) was actually one of the Celtic ones, can't remember if it was a Welshman or a Scot. As for savage tendencies, we didn't get the greatest empire the world has ever seen by being nice.

14. KawH1R

KawH1R Well-Known Member

I was north of the MD all week in enemy territory. Communication was difficult. Although, I think my drawl gave me a way.

15. Duck150

Duck150 Well-Known Member

When you mention the greatest empire ever..... you were thinking of Scotland.... were you not...Sir Robin... Not you spoil English lads ....

16. Hate McDead

YES! Just refer to that greatest of documentaries 'Braveheart' with Mel Gibson narrating this true than true story. And how the Englanders got their retaliation in first on the poor, innocent Scots.
    I think we can call this one of the first great endemic 'bumps' of these empire builders.

17. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

I just picked up a stock 1979 GS1000 Suzuki. I hope to have it ready for V5 next season. Does anyone have a set of old smooth bore carbs they want to part with.

PS: Mel is a wuss.

18. TZRusty

TZRusty Well-Known Member

I have a spare stock engine if your interested.

19. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

Thanks for the heads up but I all ready have two (they're small?).

20. Robin172

There was about as much truth in that movie as there is in your claims of not using others as a berm.

I was referring to the British Empire of which the sweaties played a part in forming.

Duck150 likes this.