1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Next Year

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by dave3593, Sep 20, 2017.

1. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

So what are folks buying, building or rebuilding this winter? Vintage or modern.

2. Duck150

Duck150 Well-Known Member

Winter in the South is January.... Then I think about it .... :timeforabeer:

Phl218 likes this.
  3. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

99 R6 for Sr SB and possibly some V8 or V7 is Mongo changes the rules.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Have you asked for rule changes? If not, get them to me.

5. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

I didn't ask specifically because my participation is too flaky. We talked about it in the V8 thread.
    Making V7 all the old analog bikes and the rotating V8 the modern electronic bikes.

6. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I'm dropping my SV motor off with JD Hord for a full on MotoAmerica build, then I'm gonna bitchslap Broome on his $30K FZ07.

ok, probably not.

I did just flush out the blacker-than-black brake fluid for fresh and redid some safety wiring.

JBall likes this.
  7. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Planned on racing an SV as a beginning to the end of racing vintage bikes.........as per my usual "motorcycle A.D.D.",of course ive changed my mind on racing it already and looking for a 2nd gen R6 now:confused:

8. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Currently in the process of adapting an FZ07R so I can ride again. Bike was built by Shane Liles with all the good stuff from AP Moto-Arts. Thumb brake, paddle shift system and retractable landing gear will allow my paralyzed ass to feel what it's like to be on 2 wheels again. It's getting closer and my anticipation is growing. I'll definitely have to adjust my riding style and mental outlook on racing and riding. Just getting back on two wheels again will be a huge win. I plan to grid up in back and just enjoy myself.

joec, Metalhead, ChuckS and 16 others like this.
  9. dave3593

I'm rebuilding the engine of my TZ and freshening up some other parts.

I'm about half way looking for an old GS1000 to build. Anybody know of any?

V5 Racer likes this.
  10. Phl218

Phl218 .

Still got that 350 to toss into that Mito chassis

cha0s#242 and 50Joe like this.
  11. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Going to bring out the 748 backmarker and have some fun.

12. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

May get out on my yzf600 in v7 if I can make the $ work. Would have to get some bodywork for it.

13. dave3593

What kind of 350? Seems like a 125 Mito would not like double or triple the power with more weight.

14. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I think I am going to go the 250-300 route just to race with Kurt, Chris, Keith, Metalhead and all them fools.... Grant it my fat ass will have a huge disadvantage but those guys have the biggest smiles in the paddock after their race on those things......

15. Phl218

Phl218 .

RZ.
    like those:
    www.mito350.tk

i have ducati 748R forks (Showas), S1000RR shock, and the engine bracing already.
    open item is the carbs and the Pipes. can both be readily bought, but that would be to easy.

16. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

A 250 gives you a Saturday race or two as well on vintage weekends. 300 can do lwt solos but no vintage races.

Bring it! :D

17. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

18. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Damn that's a deal right there... Too bad its missing a rotor!!:crackup:

19. No Brakes

No Brakes Well-Known Member

less weight.....to makes up for your extra luggage

TLR67 likes this.
  20. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Not a rule change but I'd really like for V8 HWT (and probably MWT) gridded behind the experts instead of novice guys.

It got real fucking sketchy the first half lap at Road A with Mike, Lane and myself trying to ping pong around the novice formula 1.

If we are in front of formula 1 Novice, the novices are with novices and the fast novices only have to go around the one or two slower V8 guys. As the grid currently is, we have to work through 95% of the novice grid in the first half lap and turn 1 was rather interesting.

VFR#52 likes this.