1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Next AMA/DMG bombshell: Mladin packs it in

Discussion in 'General' started by Zakath, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

No, as stated earlier in the thread that was Iowa Speedway.

2. danch

danch Well-Known Member

It's not one and two, it's alpha (the left-right kinks over the hill at the end of the straight) that's the problem. The left brings you close to the pit wall, aimed at another wall (that I thought was being moved back), the right is blind - you come over the hill with the throttle pinned and then find out if you'll hit mud or not.

At my pace, I've got plenty of room and that hill is exhilarating. I can't comment for people who lap 10 or 15 seconds faster.

T7 is a fast exit with a wall pretty close, as is 9. Yates didn't mention those in the RRW story that was linked above, though. Maybe those just show my mangina.

3. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

Then Colin should have been banned a long time ago.

4. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

Not sure why that area would be a concern since you are going pretty straight through that section even though the track kinks. But like you said I am going a lot slower through there than they are.

Also:
    From the twitter "Apparently the track tried to get heavy equip today remove the "fist" as riders are calling it, the blunt end of a wall in T1 runoff area..."

5. RockRocks

RockRocks head goober

yes that end of a wall with some padding on the end is point straight toward you as you come into t1. thing is a concrete spear just a few feet off the track.

6. parapuke

parapuke Well-Known Member

Stay tuned. This heavy equipment thing may not over.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2009
  7. RockRocks

RockRocks head goober

If you are going really really fast (not me) you are leaned over a fair bit as you crest the hill. Last year at ASRA 2 guys lost the front at 145+ over this rise and slid at an angle into the wall (now removed). It didn't end well for one (Brian Hall, since recovered). For the other, Dave Rosno he stopped just short but his bike valuted the wall and into the depression/ditch on the other side. The depression is now in play since the side wall has been removed.

Its a hard to describe area. Maybe a video link would be allowed to show it.

8. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

Pertinent racing videos are allowed, just not random youtube stuff. :)

9. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Ah, don't mind that. One midwestern deathtrap track looks like another midwestern deathtrap track to some[/sarcasm]

10. drew231506

drew231506 Zero sponsors

:stupid:

[​IMG]

Mat's the man...we've been boys for years...or since he starting texting me...or tweeting me....and a few others.

11. RockRocks

RockRocks head goober

12. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

Good video. It reminds me of how much I enjoy that track.
    See you there in August? :beer:

13. backbone

backbone scarred for life

Weird, when I raced there the front straight was straight and then turned left. IIRC.

14. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

If it was a while ago that is correct. The carousel (3) was in disrepair and wasn't being used for some time. There are a couple of different configurations that can be run. What you remember can still be run I believe.

15. HAZE

HAZE Group Therapy

Yeah Keith, they screwed it all up since CMRA was there

16. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

i have a buddy whos a good freind with one of the yosh crew (wont say who). He Matt plans to go home to aus after this year and never return.

He also aid if matt has championship wraped early hes done also..

17. glenngsxr

glenngsxr Well-Known Member

Next year maybe, but I can almost guarantee that he has contract obligations to at least complete the year. Glenn #62

Also, I have never been to heartland park. Where is the area in question? What time in the video?

18. danch

danch Well-Known Member

starts about 2:11 or so.

19. TheJames

TheJames Feelin lucky?

i can attest to this.:D

20. backbone

backbone scarred for life

2:11 and 2:16

2:16 looks way more dangerous, that must be "the fist" the AMA guys were talking about.

I think it was safer back in the 90's, unless it rained.