1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Next AMA/DMG bombshell: Mladin packs it in

Discussion in 'General' started by Zakath, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Purse payouts are the larger, no one can argue that, but the cost of racing an AMA race has increased. Last year a fast club racer could do an AMA race in their region for a lot less. If your one of the fastest club guys in the area, you could get your tires and fuel from your sponsors, not anymore. And unless your running AMA, your not likely to be using the spec tires as there are better tires that cost less, especially for those on 600's. Which means for a one off race you probably don't have set-up info for the spec tires unless you went to a trackday for testing. And then there's uniforms for rider and crew, etc...... Fact is even with higher payouts it costs more to race this year.

1st Place – $7,500.00 ($15,000.00 Daytona Only)
    2nd Place thru 10th Place – $4,000.00 each ($5,000.00 each Daytona Only)
    11th Place thru 20th Place – $3000.00 each ($5,000.00 each Daytona Only)

National Pro Expert Entrant License (Daytona SportBike) and Annual Credential – $350.00
    Daytona SportBike Entry Fee – $250.00
    Annual Crew Credential – $750.00
    Annual AMA Pro Membership – $100.00 (included in all Annual Credentials and Licenses)
    Homologation Administrative Fee – $500.00
    Pit Pass Holder – $5.00
    Single Event Credential (in advance) – $75.00 (requires AMA Pro membership)
    Single Event Credential (at track) – $100.00 (requires AMA Pro membership)
    Vehicle Registration Fee – $50.00 per machine

2. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

I was simply anticipating your next possible argument, i.e., that simply riding around a track isn't the same as racing at AMA speeds. You didn't bite.