1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Walking Dead in T minus sixty minutes

Discussion in 'General' started by Dits, Oct 14, 2012.

1. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Well, based on where the comic series is at in terms of story, they still have a lot to do with some pretty intense stuff that will be playing out.

The easy answer is "as long as the ratings hold up."

However, I really wish more series would go the route of Breaking Bad where there is a definitive story that they want to tell.

2. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

Maybe the whole series is a dream while Rick's in the hospital in a comma from the first episode. Huh? Wouldn't that be interesting? :D

Don't hold BB up as too much of a shining example. I had heard the real end was going to be the end of the season where WW is sitting on the parking garage looking at the sunset after killing Gus, but ratings pushed them to add more story.

3. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I don't doubt that, but that show's ratings were still climbing when they decided to end it......I don't think they ever thought it would see as much success as it did. Good thing, though......cause that ending would have sucked! :D

4. Jay305

Jay305 Well-Known Member

Not sure if I mentioned it but I had that theory as well. :crackup:

5. ACDNate

ACDNate Well-Known Member

I recall one of the producers stating that the theory above was not even remotely how it will end.

6. Schitzo42

Schitzo42 dweeb

I don't see how him being in a comma, semi-colon or even exclamation point matters in all of this.

-steve

7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

8. Crybaby™

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Simmer down, Francis.

10. Schitzo42

Schitzo42 dweeb

Best part about it. It's not even a grammar thing, but more about spelling.

-steve

11. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

So if the folks in this new town all seem soft, how have they survived this long? As with most things in the show, there must be more to the story. Making Rick the constable is probably the only way Rick's group would follow the constable's directions. And if someone in his group has to be excommunicated, Rick wouldn't let it happen unless he is protecting the new family and is the one doing the excommunicating. So I predict more social drama than walker drama, but who knows.... Or the congresswoman could just be Rick minus 12 months and a bit naive about how you have to survive, but I'm betting she is right up there in terms of long term planning or even a long con. Oh, I'm sorry, was I making a directly related comment again and not blathering on with member bashing? Sorry.

12. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Creepy Maggie moment.

R Acree likes this.
  13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

When it's good it's pretty good. But where it's bad it's bloody awful.

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Wasn't a great episode but I came away wanting that barista chick to be torn apart by midget zombies.

15. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

My bet is that Rick is going to bang the blond chick :D

16. Chip

Chip Registered

Set up episode.....lots of hints about the last three episodes.

I hate set up episodes...

17. Crybaby™

Yeah spelling or grammar. Sentiment is the same

As for the show. Looks like Daryl is getting his bike back. Wonder if he'll use a quieter exhaust this time. Betting he rides off into the sunset once he gets it built. The writers couldn't kill him off, since that would piss too many fans off, but getting rid of main characters is definitely something they don't shy away from.

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

OK. My daughter has been home a couple times in the last week or so and is a devoted fan of this show. I sat and watched a few episode. I don't get the obsession.

19. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I think it's the simple fact that it's one of the only drama's left on television that don't have a CIS attached to it.

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I'd rather read a book or watch reruns of Gilligan's Island.