1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nelson Ledges Safety Fund - $1000 Target

Discussion in 'General' started by ekraft84, Sep 13, 2006.

1. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Sorry if I caused a problem.

2. BiZ

BiZ a matter of weight ratios

Emptied the ol' paypal account. And I guess I felt a little guilty for not doing squat track-wise this year, so it was the least I could do. Not to mention the fact I wacked the tire wall in turn 4 back in May, so maybe my brain still ain't right. Not that it ever was "right" :moon:

3. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Further info from Scott on where the funds would go to:

Eddie,

Sounds like you’re off to a great start, I’m glad that your effort is being rewarded; the motorcycle racing community is once again displaying the type of camaraderie and spirit that makes it so fun to be a part of. When it all comes down to it, - that is the most important part of armature racing.

Determining whether the money will be used is basically a timing issue.
    Based on when you forward the funds, and what we are able to get accomplished.
    But we will definitely define an area that the funds were used for and make it known where and what that is.

Does that make sense?

Chances are it is going to be a phase one type of thing, probably tree clearing in both the entrance to the carousel and T1-T2.
    These are both high priorities based on what I know. I thing the next phase is going to be trucking in a lot of fill dirt to bring both of these areas up to a reasonable grade to allow us to have a decent contour from the track to the new wall. In addition to back filling we will need to design adequate drainage to keep the new run-off area properly drained. Both of these areas are fairly low and will need extensive fill and drainage, but I believe we have the required fall or slope available to get the water to flow away from where we don’t want it to be anymore.

T9 has been listed as a high priority, but unless we get real creative our options are limited to creating a better wall there.
    There is a creek that passes behind the existing wall along the exit of T9.

This creek is also the property line along the western border of the track property, so I’m not sure if we have many options to make significant increases in the run-off there, but we will explore whatever options are possible. The neighbor on that side may be more than happy to allow us to extend the creek to the west in exchange for excavating or some other form of compensation or trade-off.

Again, congrats on the excellent start and good luck.

Regards, Scott

T1-T2 runoff improvements would hold a special place in my heart, given my past history there ..

So how long should we run this until? How about Monday, September 25th?

I'll have the webpage up later today also ..

:beer:

4. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

If you want to buy the place I will help, but you'll need the services of a good business/real estate lawyer who is admitted in Ohio. In fact, I know of one who actually called me a year ago and asked me if I wanted to go in with him and some others to buy the place. Maybe you could get the place for cheap. . .

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The owner is a lawyer too....

6. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Well, there you go... just enlist him to help you buy it from him. Its a win-win for ev'rybody. :D

7. BiZ

A WERA member owned track sounds good to me. If we can get 250 of us, that's 12g's per member at 3 million. Let's do it! Viva la VISA platinum!

8. fzrkidd

fzrkidd Well-Known Member

Can you imagine what Visa would make on this deal!:wow:

9. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

...or 3000 members at $1000 each.
    let's buy it, with the stipulation that contributors to the purchase must also kick in for renovations...another couple hundred each?

c'mon, sean, you know it's the ultimate toy!
    you could run that bitch 24/7!!!:D

10. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Update: We're currently at $2918.

We've completely blown away the initial goal. I think we can set a new goal of $4000. I know there's a lot of guys/gals out there who haven't seen this thread yet. There are NC guys I haven't seen over here yet, and there hasn't many National series rider yet either.

Here's a page with all the relevant info and latest money amounts. Please let me know of any inaccuracies. (edit: Please send your payment if you haven't already)

http://www.fast48.com/nelsonledges

Let's keep this thing rolling ..

:beer:

Last edited: Sep 14, 2006
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I would actually love to buy it but not sure I'd want 3000 racers as partners all with their own opinion on the best way to run it...

12. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

LLC w/managing members...

13. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Clicked that link and holy mackerel Eddie you're so organized it's nauseating... $50 from fastfreddie via paypal if I can find my flipping password... may PM you for check address...

14. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Yeah a little.

If you do check, PM me your name, city and "comments" so I can update on the page as well. Otherwise I'll get it off the Paypal info.

15. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

Chant with me...

Gravel TRAP! Gravel TRAP!

:)

16. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Just for kicks, I'll call my buddy who was trying to put a deal together to buy the place to get his take on things.

And if the racers buy it, you'd have to kiss their ass to rent the place, plus they'd charge you personally a latrine surcharge. :crackup:

17. BiZ

That's what committees/CEO's/minions are for. Besides, it ain't like you don't listen to 3000 of us whine as it is. Or, don't be the biggest share holder, and let someone else listen to the whining :moon:

18. oldguy

oldguy NC novice old dude

Yeah, Mongo, it wouldn't be any different than moderating the BBS. AND it would be the same bitchers........ and you already know us and could use "canned" retorts from your thread archives. Nothing more than cut & paste.
    Nelson Mongo Ledges has a strange ring to it, LOL

19. zbunny

zbunny Well-Known Member

I believe that Beaverun is set up as an llc with share owners and Autobahn is of course a club membership business. I think it sounds like fun, maybe not the most sound investment, but fun.

Michelle

20. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

Really though, If you're gonna have 3000 partners and put 20% down you only need to come up with $200 a person. LP or LLC and just select a GP or a COO to run the place. C'mon, this is our chance to screw the car guys hahaha