1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nelson 4/30-5/1 roll call

Discussion in 'General' started by Racer45, Apr 19, 2011.

1. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

I cant find bike #76 on MyLaps in the HWTSS race?
    Also this issue goes way beyond this past weekend at Nelson. Wet races change everyones times. When I was a Novice I beat the entire expert field in a HWT race that was in the rain but I sure as hell didn't come on the BBS bragging about it because I knew some of the exports were more concerned with points that weekend than winning the race... I was in a battle with Brett Brooks and we were battling for points as Novices and just kept pushing ourselves so actually two Novices "Won" the race but we definitely only won because of the race being wet and the strategy of experts needing points and not wanting to risk racing against us in the rain...

Ride safe,
    AAron

2. CbusRider

CbusRider Active Member

Pretty sure you just did.

3. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Nope I explained in the same post that I knew that I only won the race because the experts had other motives. Nice try. Lol.

Ride safe,
    AAron

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Getting taken out won't keep you from getting a race license.

5. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Already handled. He's mailing it to the office.

7. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

Ha... you are quick!

8. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

there is always going to be something to complain about. Racing; especially in the wet, is unpredictable, and shit happens.

The Ex. HWT guys had to navigate through novice traffic, and the C novices got 'their' race cut short when an Ex. HWT bike ended up laying in the middle of the track.

we can speculate all day about what would or wouldn't have happened if they were on separate grids, but it's only speculation.

9. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

I remember that race! :)

10. cycleczy

cycleczy Well-Known Member

I didn't ride hw ss i rode hw sb the one you ejected your self coming on to the front straight was right behind you , i ve spoke to you several times at summit and at nelson . Your are right about condition change everything and i never said in any of my post i passed you . I ve said nothing to you i commented on other post here . I m not bragging at all someone else had made a comment like us novices were in the way thats what started this whole thing . so the next time you want to say something to me check it all out because i wasnt talking to you on here . must have been a friend of your and thats how you got your panties in a wad .

11. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Well we were talking about the HWTSS race and the Novices in that race.
    Since you are so fast I guess you will take off your panties and bump up to expert next race. That way you can come and pass all of us experts and it will actually mean something.:up:

Ride safe,
    AAron

12. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

According to mylaps he was running more than 3 seconds faster on his SV in the LWT SB race and 2 seconds faster on his SV in the HWT SB race than you were in the HWT SS race on your 848.

And to try and say novice racing doesn't mean anything is a joke, get real dude. If a novice passes an expert in a race it means just as much as if it was another expert. The only difference is you won't be embarrassed when the results get posted since they organize the two separately.

Last edited: May 4, 2011
  13. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Wow...
    Are you serious??
    The HWTSS race had all of the traffic=lower lap times (thats what all this discussion is about and as I said earlier I agree with the race director that a longer pause between the waves will spread out the field and make it safer and better for everyone). I ran faster in the C SBK race because there wasn't as much traffic. Lets not forget that it was raining during the first two races I am talking about... The HWT SBK race was a DOT race so of course it would be faster.
    You are completely wrong about a Novice passing an Expert and what it means...There are several reasons why... if someone is there trying to get points,etc The expert still gets 20 points for first(etc, etc) even if a novice passes and "wins" or several novices. There are plenty of reasons for the expert to let a novice past (save on tire wear/engine wear/etc).
    I can honestly say I have never been embarrassed to look at the results of any race.
    Like I said if you are that fast just bump up to expert. We need the bikes on the grid:D

Ride safe,
    AAron

14. CbusRider

CbusRider Active Member

Oh so you were just making a point? I see. Let me help you connect the dots here. So was he, which was MY point.

Lol back at ya. And smiley face too just for good measure.

15. Dave_SV

Dude, you are on an 848 and trying to justify slower lap times than an SV 650. I don't care what kind of spin you put on it but good luck.

The original complaint was it is dangerous for the expert riders to have to ride around novices but to me it seems like the novices were running around the experts just fine :D

16. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Well there was your first NOVICE move! Trying to make a point on the WERAboard! :D

Honestly I was just arguing to argue I spoke to Jim about the HWTSS race at the track so I have no complaints... Jim is a great director who will make things right...

You guys need to stop acting like ... Well... NOVICES!

Of course I say all of this with the up most respect. I am not joking about that any one who grids up I give mad props to whether you are fast slow expert novice etc...

Ride safe,
    AAron

17. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Justify? No I don't have to do that. That would be a novice move.

Ride safe,
    AAron

18. Dave_SV

:crackup:
    Hope you heal up and come on out to Summit it's going to be a good time

19. jrockcolors

jrockcolors Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 4, 2011
  20. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Exactly! Never take me serious here!