1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nelson 4/30-5/1 roll call

Discussion in 'General' started by Racer45, Apr 19, 2011.

1. IWANNAGOFAST15

IWANNAGOFAST15 #NEVERFORGET

I know stuff happens no biggy if anything it only helped me push a little harder and go get what I wanted. :up:

2. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

It doesn't look much like a GSXR right now. Corner worker told me it got sent in the air when we both hit the grass off the carousel

3. jsmalnar

jsmalnar III_I

Haha, good point. Earned my novice status.* Congrats!

4. stealth 52

stealth 52 Yank

just wanted to apologize to the racers, staff, clean-up crew and people in the pits for oiling the track. the delay caused stress in the pits from tire changes and jb having a get off cause of the oil. sorry bro, i feel and wish i had the funds to help you out. wish we didn't meet on these terms and hope to see you again. now what happened. coming outta turn 4 gettin ready to throw into the carousel i went to catch the next gear and the bike sounded weird, thought i missed the shift. tried to shift again and same sound. bike was still running and i still didn't know what happened. i threw my hand up and dropped as close to the white line as i could while waving my hand. i knew j.b. was on my tail, i could hear him. when i came to the back straight i stayed on the white line and finally got to look behind me. on the second look i seen smoke. at that point i was probably still doin 40-50mph. i could have went off into the soft muddy grass swamp but my ball wouldn't let me, sorry. but did stay on the white line til i slowed enough to get off at flag station.. once again my apologies to you all.

5. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

no problem man, shit happens. I'll get my bike fixed soon enough hopefully. Hope you can find your motor problem and get that fixed and back on track too

6. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

Sure just hit me on fb with a list Ill see what I have

7. cjaz330

cjaz330 Member

Thanks to those that helped me out with my bike, picking me up from the hospital, driving my car home, and for giving me a few stiff drinks and good laughs to ease the pain. Was just hoping to ride a smooth safe race this weekend and get my license. Someone mentioned the had the crash on video and would put it on YouTube. Anyone have the link?

Dan thanks for coming up to the ambulance after, it was a true show of good character. No hard feelings, heard you were feeling pretty down. It was a bummer for me, but that is just part of racing. No worries.

Curt

8. SV Ray

SV Ray Grandpa Ray

It was great meeting all you guys Saturday. Had fun in practice and the lwt solo at least till lap 4 when bike decided not to run over 6K. I had hoped to run Sunday and do the rain tire dance but no sense staying with a bike that won't run for crap.

What a bunch of fast, nice guys. Looking forward to racing with all of you again. Thanks for being so nice to the new guy.

9. RebelGirlRacing

RebelGirlRacing Active Member

I was trying to figure out why you were gridded so freaking far back on the grid, but I also wasn't surprised to see you pass 3 of us going into T12 and go on to win the race lol. Nice work this weekend Tony. :up:

10. RebelGirlRacing

Hope the healing goes fast for you Curt so we can see you back out there soon. :up:

11. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

Heal up quick dude! Hopefully you'll get back on the horse!

12. RebelGirlRacing

Big shout out to Steve for the electrical tape and Scott Nelson and his crew for the wire. Had a minor issue with some important wires that were melting on the exhaust that we noticed during the red flag. Explains the FI code I started to throw. Thanks guys for the help, really appreciated it, we were able to fix it and get back out in time for the restart only to run out of gas in lap 13 :crackup:

13. KNickers

KNickers Well-Known Member

Honestly this is the way I remembered it too. You and Dave came by me in the carousel and I recall fading back for 1/2 a lap then starting to gain back a little time on Dave over the next lap. The red flag came out after we went through the carousel again on the next lap so I think that means you lead the last completed lap.

I feel like a cad for not coming by and at the end of 11 and looking in on ya. Glad to hear you're ok. That looked like it hurt bad.

And really glad I didn't run over Dave's head when he went down in the carousel, that was scary. He was sliding down the track looking back at me bearing down on him as we kept moving in unison to the outside of the track until my boot clipped his helmet just before I ran off. The though of what almost happened kept me up until late monday morning, bad target fixation on my part.

Beyond all that I love that track, even with all the mud. See y'all at Grattan.

14. Photos by Marty

Photos by Marty Active Member

Yep, that was me riding through the swamp to get out there. Should have everything sorted tonight.

15. davis2480

davis2480 Blake Davis's dad #122

nice meeting you and racing with you. I am Mike that was pitted near you. Maybe we will see you at some more races soon

16. KILLEN

KILLEN Ninjafied

Ahem, cough, cough..........

:beer::D

17. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

Oh don't worry I will have some left over for you too :D

I haven't been to beaverun so if you are game I'm down with betting a six pack on the solo :beer:

18. zippytech

zippytech Running On Pumpedupness!!

19. APCh8r

APCh8r Well-Known Member

20. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member