1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NASCAR and confederate flags

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Quicktoy, Jun 11, 2020.

1. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

:stupid:

2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Why are you mentioning some of them being racist? Nothing to do with my question. Unless you’re stuck on anybody waving the flag is automatically racist..........in which case you are closed off to open dialogue

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Preserve history they say. Then you bring up the history and they say "No no not that part!"

Y'all want the history preserved or not make up your minds.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Hey toe, how old are you? Old enough to remember the billboard coming into Smithfield, NC on US 70 heading east?

5. joec

joec brace yourself

I'm betting not indycar fans.

325px-Charlottesville_'Unite_the_Right'_Rally_(35780274914)_crop.jpg

6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

One of my second(?) cousins worked for the Johnson family. It was either that or pick tobacco. Junior's family was big time! Read up on Junior Johnson's family if get a chance. Wilkesboro royalty!

https://www.ncmuseumofhistory.org/blog/junior-johnson-moonshining-legend

7. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

I'm from Montgomery, AL and there is a Confederate army photo of a great great x however many grand uncle in in my grandmother's house for context.

The Confederate flag is highly disrespectful and can fuck off. Fortunately it seems to not be so prevalent except is areas of low education and trucks not made after 1998. I'll never own one and would be happy to see it gone

lazlo and SuddenBraking like this.
  8. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Met far more racists up north.

auminer likes this.
  9. sheepofblue

Mainly because freedom of speech does not only mean pleasant speech. Once you go down the road of only politically correct speech you get the crap we have going on now and soon worse. Freedom of speech means a lot of productive conversation. But it also means morons saying dumb shit.

jrsamples, joec and Pixelator like this.
  10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

All I know is when we all get banned you won't be able to get any maps to that bastard Quicktoy's place so if you want one tell me now. Whole gotdamn thing is his fault.

11. sheepofblue

But tearing shit down is the easy stupid path. One of the coolest things I have ever seen via Roadside America while riding the bike was a solution. You see there was a plaque put up for where the KKK was founded. New owner buys the location and does not want that crap on his building but realizes that tearing it off will be protesters and crazies down on him. So what to do? He unmounted it and flipped before remounting it letters in. IMO a even better solution would be put a plaque next to it explaining all the bad things the KKK did and how while once a power they are a tiny group of shunned people now. In other words put the history in perspective and educate rather than destroy.

12. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Steeltoe, you are absolutely crushing it. You have hit the heart of the confederate rag worship.

SuddenBraking and G 97 like this.
  13. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Mods on vacation or what? It’s sure going to be quiet in here next week.

14. joec

joec brace yourself

No wifi at Nelson .;-)

15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

:D

joec likes this.
  16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Only if you’re myopic.

17. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Thread has been pinned. Guessing that’s the targeting laser for the nuke that’s about to drop.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  18. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

The level of woosh in here is pretty spectacular.
    In the culture poker game of the now, someone is sneaking away with some baller's chips. Going to be a bunch of sore losers all over this land.

19. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Eff it. Can't wait for this limey/yankee to head to Publix sportin' these bad boys.:crackup: shorts.jpg

Pixelator likes this.
  20. G 97

G 97 Garth

Except for the whole representing slavery and civil war thing, broad brush or not.